I wanna give the POD XT one last chance...

lol I just bought a xt pro today off egay and wouldnt mind some patches myself. Im going to be using it for riffing ideas and scratch tracks, but i still would like some of the pod tones i have heard on here.

The only cool sound I got with a POD was through the Mark III (or II?!?)-sim + TS + EQ + V30 Speaker.
Though, I don't have a clue if this model comes with the XT.

I only used it to play at home - never recorded it.

Yeah, that's the Cali Crunch model (non metal shop); I never really messed around with it too much honestly.

I can't see myself ever selling my pod, even if I were to eventually own every dream amp I could ever want. It's just too valuable as a scratch track tool, and is really convenient for silent recording and what not. I'm also not big on ITB amp sims, as I like to save resources for mixing and whatnot, so the pod will always have a place in my studio.

Yeah, that's the Cali Crunch model (non metal shop); I never really messed around with it too much honestly.

Exactly ... does not even sound close to metal out of the box, but with an OD or dist-box in front it was really cool. Really smooth and crunchy...

still not sure myself ;)
I hate the tones, but is sometimes comes in handy for tracking (like today)....dunno...
I'll let you know when/if though

A mate of mine's selling a POD XT Pro for €300, but I'm getting the impression that he'll have it gone before I have the money together for it - either way, be sure to let me know what you decide to do, cheers dude.

Just get rid of 'em dudes! Spend the money on RevalverHP or even the full version :)

Dude, don't say that to Lasse - he'll hunt you down and break your legs, or so I hear! Lol!
Lasse, if you were really gonna have a POD around for a 'just in case' scenario you're probably best just getting POD Farm.
I mean, why do you even need a POD or do you just have it for the sake of it? You're getting savage results micing your amps as it is!

I have revalverMKII....endorsee ;)

but I don't like tracking/monitoring rh guits with plugins (can be pretty cpu-demandinf after like 4-6 tracks). that's actually the only thing I'm using the pod for.

of course, revalver sounds better, and i'm using that for leads etc, just don't like plugs for rh-guit

I have revalverMKII....endorsee ;)

but I don't like tracking/monitoring rh guits with plugins (can be pretty cpu-demandinf after like 4-6 tracks). that's actually the only thing I'm using the pod for.

of course, revalver sounds better, and i'm using that for leads etc, just don't like plugs for rh-guit

I'd create a track, with Revalver on it and buss that to a seperate track for each rh-guitar you do (printing them). That way you'd only have the one Revalver track eating into your CPU.

sometime this weekend I have plans to see what kind of metal tones I can get using the unmetal amp models/cab combos on the PODxt. should be interesting.

@narcossintese:could you share the preset?I`ve been trying to get decent tone out of gearbox(POD farm)for some time now.Thanks