I wanna give the POD XT one last chance...

Here.
You can also make it thicker or whatever using dual tone.
@narcossintese:thank you very much,but I knew it metal shop pack addon.AND I DONT HAVE IT YET!!!!Actually i dont have a credit card that i can use to buy stuff on the internet.
Could someone explain to me how the whole procedure goes?I`m planning to ask my brother to do this purchase for me.I guess that line 6 guys will send me some activation code that i will put in line 6 monkey or.....?Does my computer has to be connected to internet?Because the one that has toneport connected on it is not.I`m planning to buy tripple pack to get decent metal tone,because the existing models have fizzy kind of tone and i just cannot get something that sounds nearly as good as tones that have been made with metal shop pack.Anyway thanks.

@narcossintese:thank you very much,but I knew it metal shop pack addon.AND I DONT HAVE IT YET!!!!Actually i dont have a credit card that i can use to buy stuff on the internet.

same here.

so I guess I'll never be able to purchase the Metal Shop.

anyway....

I've just decided on one of the CDs I'm recording atm I'll try to blend the POD in with the recto a bit...

like:

main 2 tracks: 5150
track3+4: Blend of 80% Recto 20% POD.....(I hope I'll get the phase right ;) )

Ghost Reveries has 2 tracks of Recto and 2 tracks of POD on it - sounds pretty solid to me!

hehe, yeah, but Jens also said he regretted it later in the mix ;)
I still do hate the POD and don't wanna give it too much importance in the mix (hence the 20% blending).

I figured that I'll never like the pod or any ampsim, so I'm trying to find an alternative use for it ;)

Yeah, Jens didn't say exactly what the ratio of Pod to Rectifier was on that album, but said that "I remember now that i did regret it in the mix, and it's mostly the Mesa you will hear."

am i the only one who actually likes bulb's old pod tones?

i guess the tones are only practical if your playing that style though...

Lasse, do you have any DI's you can give me? I'd like a crack at doing a sample through my Gearbox plugin which sounds identical to the XT.