3 Line6 Recto Models..which one is your fav?

hm.....
I like the Diamondplate best I think.

the clips.....
A is the Treadplate, B is the Diamondplate....for C I played a trick on you.
I recorded the Rec with the same settings and it sounded awesome, so much better than the POD tones...so I moved the mic to the side till it sounded more cloudy...it still sounded much too good.
so I put an empty 9v Battery in the Decimator in the chain and kinda used the distortion of the drained battery in that pedal.
you can say it took some effort to make the recto sound shite in comparison to the POD, lol

for C I played a trick on you...

Are you able to get the lineout from the Rec, and run it through the POD's cab impulses, without any amp simulation? Obviously the POD doesn't have great cab impulses, but it could be interesting to see, cos if you're using POD's impulses vs. a real cab, obviously the cab is going to win. But if you're using a POD amp vs. a real amp, with POD impulses, the results might be a lot closer. Although I'm not sure what this would prove ;p

:lol::lol:

Oh well... C did sound quite different from the other two, haha.

Are you able to get the lineout from the Rec, and run it through the POD's cab impulses, without any amp simulation? Obviously the POD doesn't have great cab impulses, but it could be interesting to see, cos if you're using POD's impulses vs. a real cab, obviously the cab is going to win. But if you're using a POD amp vs. a real amp, with POD impulses, the results might be a lot closer. Although I'm not sure what this would prove ;p
Or the other way around could be done too! POD bypassing the A.I.R. cabs and into the Recto's power...

Oh, and I remember which other model was related to a Recto! The Insane one was also somewhat of a Recto model, IIRC.

apparently the big bottom model too, according to the manual for the metalshop model pack

http://line6.com/data/l/0a06000f166...df/Model Packs Handbook (Rev D) - English.pdf

L6 Big Bottom
Just can’t seem to get enough bottom end out of your cabinet? Try punishing it with Big Bottom. We crossed a Boogie Triple Rectifier® with a Rivera® Los Lobottom® sub rig and dialed it in for serious disembowelment. But it’s not just about the bass. A super wide midrange control and an extra presence high midrange maintain articulation and power throughout the tonal range of this amp.

to be honest...I wish there would be a subforum for all the POD, AD, DFH, SSD etc threads...
I would really like to not have 90% of the threads in the "rate my" forum labeled "AD+7170+SSD+Impulses"...I don't even open those.
would love to hear more stuff done with real amps and real played drums.

with a separate subforum fpr all those impulse/modelling/dfh stuff the other thread would be cleaner AND people wanting to know something about POD etc would have a place to post about it.

Backed 100000000%.... I really wish the Rate My Mix forum was divided between all the modelling/programmed drums stuff and the live mic'd tones... I don't mean to be a dick but I really have zero interest in hearing someone's latest SoloC + AD mp3, I'm much more interested in results people get doing things the "real" way...

Backed 100000000%.... I really wish the Rate My Mix forum was divided between all the modelling/programmed drums stuff and the live mic'd tones... I don't mean to be a dick but I really have zero interest in hearing someone's latest SoloC + AD mp3, I'm much more interested in results people get doing things the "real" way...

grandpa.jpg

:D

Yeah but I wouldn't see the point of a forum section with 2-3 posts a week haha.

Unfortunately, most people here don't have the luck to record real drums/amp. It's not a matter of choice but more of money and/or circumstances.