What are your tips for recording a POD?

Joey Sturgis ("joeymusicguy") craft the best pod tones that I ever head using the triple recto, mesa cab and the 67 mic. I´m really jealous of his results, didn´t ever even got close from his tone, though : P Check his work with 7 Days Away here:
http://www.myspace.com/foundationrecording
He´s my hero LOL

I just listened to it. It's also one of the best POD-tones i've heard so far but i can still hear this "POD-voicing" i don't like (i mean for hi gain rythm guitar sounds). I'd use it for demo-ing (for its convenience) if i had one but not more. Just a matter of taste though.

Seriously among the POD users here is there some who prefer the POD tone they can get than the tones they've heard/had from real amps ?

Just asking since i see many people sticking POD-XT and stuff for rythm guitars... i just wonder if it's because using a POD is easier to handle for recording (than a real amp with a miked cab) or because they really think their "POD rythm tone" is awesome.

well I do because I like it sounds better than the past setup I had (guitar and garageband amp models), but yeah, if I had the equipment, I'd much rather mic and record even one of those cheap Randall G3's (which I love, BTW)

i use it for scratch tracks and before re-amping, and sometimes the clean models or the wierd little amps