WOW! Godly music like yours...

yeshuafollower

New Metal Member
Oct 8, 2010
is very hard to find. I just discovered Theocracy today.

Hey, what's the chance that this group has (or will have) any completely instrumental songs.

You have just entered the very wonderful world of Theocracy. Have you bought any albums yet?

Btw, Welcome to the forums! :D

You have just entered the very wonderful world of Theocracy. Have you bought any albums yet?

Btw, Welcome to the forums! :D

Thank you. I'm saving up for one of the albums.

Honestly didn't think Christian music like this existed, although many have tried. Some were good back in "the day" but they can't seem to let go their era's sounds like the "sha LA la LA" endings or the groovy organs to continue on.

Part of my problem is that I didn't realize metal had so many sub-genres. Don't much care for the screaming metal that makes me go to lyrics' site to verify their lyrics are Christian. I'm not sure how to label Theocracy's sub-genre of metal. I just love it and want more. It's becoming my praise and worship music. And I can understand the words, too.

Ahh, Theocracy was the band that really got me into Christian Metal. They've been labeled as an Epic Power Metal band with Progressive Flourishes. :p

If you're looking for more bands like Theocracy, just check out the Other Bands for Theocracy Fans thread about some more. ;D

Personally, I can get into "screaming". But overall, I prefer clean vocals.

OP, I think you'll find that most fans of power metal (Theocracy's main genre) don't like screaming or growling vocals. Clean vocals all the way! :D

That may be true... but I for one enjoy the occasional Opeth, Haste The Day, or Becoming The Archetype track. (Yeah, I know Opeth isn't Christian.) :headbang:

I personally am more on the side of Death Metal than Metalcore. Such as Becoming the Archetype (later stuff), Impending Doom, With Blood Comes Cleansing, and The Crimson Armada.

Growls are great if done in a way that suits you, yeah...

Speaking of band-wise, not genre-wise...
I for one dislike black metal, but there's a song or two every once a while that grasps my attention..

Gardenian has a great growl to unite the worlds of power metal and melodic death metal..
Search for 'If Tomorrow's Gone' if this subject's of your interest.

if your still wanting theocracy instrumentals, Val's got a solo album that's almost all instrumental, its not the full band, but you know....

They are indeed Power Metal with Prog flourishes.

The only other Christian power metal bands I like are Harmony and Savior Machine.

You know the one thing I don't like about Harmony is their inability to get rid of that 80's sound in their music. I love their melodic guitars and vocals, but the "organ" is so 70's/80's and some of the songs end the same manner of those in the Hair Metal days. Petra struggled with these same issues.

But, that said, I am confident that Harmony will completely emerge out of yesteryear's sound. They certainly seem talented enough to.

Haven't tried Savior Machine yet.

I myself am fine with the organs. I actually like it. Think about this... 1976 was the best year in music (In my personal opinion)... there is a reason for that.

I can tolerate screaming, if it fits in the context of the song and I can actually understand what is being said.

Thus, I don't listen to much without clean vocals =P

Turns out the organ isn't a bad thing. I just watched an audiovision song on YouTube and the organ part sounded great. Perhaps it's the way it's played or what it's playing with that makes the difference.

Found Val's solo album on MySpace. Thanks.

If you like Audiovision you may also check out the new band Golden Resurrection.

Do you know Seventh Avenue? They have a few great instrumentals!
I would love to hear one (or more) from Theocracy as well!

Last edited by a moderator: