WOW TISK TISK TARJA!

Why do people always talk shit on Nirvana. Seriously, you have to give him respect, cause he was original. Yeah in a way he brought on the demise of metal popularity, but so what. He didn't want to be popular, that's one of the reasons why he ended up pulling the trigger. I don't know if people hate him for the music he wrote, or because his music got popular, but I have to give him respect for being something new. Go ahead and reply with some scornful remark if you want, I stick up for bands/ artists that I think made important contributions to music.

I'm sure I've gotten into this before, but for the benefit of the newer people, I'll do it again. As you mentioned, Nirvana pretty much signaled the end of hearing/seeing what I consider good music, on radio/MTV. Poor Kurt got too popular! He never wanted to be popular, He could have done some of us a favor, & stopped at any time. Give me a break. Fuck him. I didn't care for the music, the image, or the slacker mentality that was breeding in society at the same time, then becoming the most dysfunctional music family with Courtney, and actually reproducing. If he hated being popular, he should have hung it up, disappeared. He could have lived out his life with his wife & child. He gets ZERO respect from me. Taking his life, and depriving his wife & child of their husband/father makes him a piece of shit in my book. I barely tolerate suicide in cases terminal sickness, or the 9-11 jumpers. I'm sure as hell not going to respect him for offing himself because he was too popular. If given the chance, I'd shit on his grave. Fuck him harder! Hey Kurt NICE shot!
Any respect for Cobain's music is flushed away by his shit attitude, and self inflicted gunshot wound.

...and before ANYBODY goes all "You don't understand....the tortured soul...blah blah blah" Let me tell you personally that sometimes you don't appreciate life until you've been knocked all the way down to rock bottom, and maybe you might even find yourself sucking on the barrel of a gun. I've been there, and I am NEVER going back. Suicide is for cowards...with VERY few exceptions. Kurt Cobain was a PUSSY! IMO (just as this whole rant has been), Cobain & Co. contributed NOTHING positive to music.

/end rant

Nirvana >>>> Nightwish

that's (4) accolade

I'm not like this huge Nirvana fan, but I think the music should be given appreciation even if you don't like the people writing it. I know Kurt Cobain was no role model, and that sent off a bad message, but I like his music. I can say the same thing for Bruce Dickinson and Yngwie. Both of them, especially Bruce Dickinson, have reputations for acting like complete assholes, but that's not gonna stop me from listening to their music. Actually I hate Yngwie, but I have come to accept his muscial talents. I also don't believe in the teachings of a lot of black metal bands, but some of them have good music. That's all I am defending, music, not necessarily people.

Jdub is to Nirvana as Ken is to Yngwie.

As Accolade2289 is to Dragonforce.

On a side note, how did you get 12,000+ posts, do you only post in this forum, or in others as well? I can't even imagine how long that took you. Its a proud accomplishment. I just want to get to at least 3,000 before I consider myself a forum thug.

I'm prolific on UM. But don't take that to mean I spend all day sitting here, it only takes a second to type a quip reply and hit tab enter. :lol:

Nah, dude, your like a posting god. I'll admit I have no life, not many will, but my goal is to have like a huge post count. That's how you get the chicks. They want guys who have huge...post counts. Trust me, bigger is better. You must be a forum pimp.

12,000..ah..yeah. One day.

Rant
/end rant

*applauds*
Also, Nirvana ripped off the Pixies (kurt admitted as much himself. many times) so there goes the "they were fresh and original". Wrong fucko. They were just like any other band who is "influenced" by a band.

On a side note, how did you get 12,000+ posts, do you only post in this forum, or in others as well? I can't even imagine how long that took you. Its a proud accomplishment. I just want to get to at least 3,000 before I consider myself a forum thug.

*looks at post count*

:erk: :cry:

First off, no one has heard of the Pixies, so Nirvana is still original, unless the Pixies become hugely popular and everyone truly believes that. Besides that statement has no backing, you can't say stuff like that without some sort of backing. Once you get proof I will admit that I am wrong, until then keep talking.

And as for my post count, I know its small now, but I have only been here for 2 days. By the end of August I should have 2,000 posts, and by the new year 08, I should have surpassed you, unless you just post a bunch of pointless posts to beat me on purpose. Then I will admit I cannot defeat you. Don't underestimate me Zach, I have no life, and you can't beat someone with no life. One day I will look at your posts and laugh at you, until then...

Edit: This is the whole reason why I got into fights with you last time, before I got banned. You just attack people for literally no reason. The Nirvana thing was one thing, but you didn't have to call me a "fucko" and make fun at my post count. In all seriousness, I tried being so cool with you, not making trouble, but you seem to fight with everyone. You truly act like a dick when people don't agree with you. The Nirvana thing is no big deal, I could care less of others opinions, but if you wanna call me out, then its on...

LOL, so ironic.

Jdub is to Nirvana as Ken is to Yngwie.

Matter vs anti-matter for me! :lol:

See? we can still disagree, as well as agree! :)

*applauds*
Also, Nirvana ripped off the Pixies (kurt admitted as much himself. many times) so there goes the "they were fresh and original". Wrong fucko. They were just like any other band who is "influenced" by a band.

I completely forgot about the Pixies clip in my gun belt. Good job! :headbang:

First off, no one has heard of the Pixies, so Nirvana is still original, unless the Pixies become hugely popular and everyone truly believes that.

I've heard of them, and it doesn't matter what the popularity level of the influence was/is, it's still an influence!

I've heard of them, and it doesn't matter what the popularity level of the influence was/is, it's still an influence!

If you want to go by that logic, then technically no one is original. By hearing any music whatsoever you have already lost your "originality", because you were technically influenced by tones in rhythm. Bach ripped off the Church, Mozart ripped Bach, and so on throughout history.

So,They are still an influence doesn't mean much now does it. Nothing is ever original on this forum. Not even Dream Theater. I can't wait until the day when all music throughout history is claimed unoriginal because it ripped of vibrations, or something else stupid.

dude stop taking things personally.

How can I not take things personally? This is the internet for crying out loud. People have legacies on internet. Its the place where anyone can say anything without any sort of reprucussion or backing. Since people aren't face to face, arguments go on for days. And though Zach may in fact be right about this whole Pixies-Nirvana thing, I still have to argue with him because he called out my post count. I can't just back down and take it. My sn is the Accolade god-dammit. You think Romeo gave up with Rod Tyler, you think Petrucci gave up with James Labrie? no I don' think so. They both (actually one) learned from their mistake and came back to be better than before. You think the guy in the Accolade would have gave up the fight for the Holy Land just because Christianity wasn't real? No he wouldn't, he would fight on, fight on I say... And that is what I am doing right now. Cause I tried playing cool with Zach, but everything seems to lead to argument with him.

In truth my friend told me that YOU (Kenneth R.) got into fights with everyone on the forum, but it seems actually contrary to that. You seem to be one of the coolest guys here. Same with a lot of people besides Zach. Always arguments, god-damn its the internet you can never win.

"How can I not take things personally? This is the internet for crying out loud. "

:lol: oh my fucking god I think i seriously just peed a little

Seriously though dude, just chill. Again, I think you misinterpreted Zach a little bit. And I'm a bit surprised that of all the people on the forum it's HIM you've formed that opinion of. You're going to get some major flammage coming your was from a bunch of folks if you don't tone it down a bit. Just a friendly warning:)

dude, chill. You're not making a good 2nd impression.

and I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted Zach on both counts

I'm cool with everyone besides him. And I haven't posted any conspiracy theories yet, and I have resorted to much name calling either. I said "dick" and "jerk" once each. I believe if anything I am not making a second bad impression. I didn't mis-interpret anything, "Wrong fucko." Saying that they were unoriginal is one thing, but that is a call out. If he were to do that here down south, we would probably be fighting. He's a northern up on the West Coast where it rains all day. Wait, that's why you hate Nirvana, everyone probably worships them as gods where you live. You must hate it. Ahh dude, I didn't know. I just had this revelation, so I recant everything bad I said. We're still cool Zach, I didn't know you were living in Cobain suck-up ville. You must hate that. Wow, I feel you man, yeah they totally ripped off the Pixies.