WoY in the March Issue of Metal Maniacs!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
"Day of the Equinox" show coverage by Kevin Stewart-Panko.
Pages 104 - 105 (black & white). WoY Photo + Paragraph.

Thought I never really considered him as a fan/supporter of the band, Kevin does say some positive and flattering things about WoY...as well as some clever, negative things, of course. He criticies WoY for balancing 'the positive and the negative' in our music (the negative part being the fact that we have traces of 'positivity' in our music, as opposed to being 100% negative...cool eh? I like it.). I do have to give him credit for identifying two dead-on influences in our music; Katatonia and 'bad Type O Negative'. Ha! Brilliant! Hey Dan Hulse, you with me on this???

The whole piece on the DOTE show is pretty cool, and humorous. Pick up this issue of Metal Maniacs Magazine next time you are at a magazine stand...or just stand and read it next time you are in a bookstore. Page 104-105.

DG

David Gold said:

Pix pls! :p

David Gold said:
The whole piece on the DOTE show is pretty cool, and humorous. Pick up this issue of Metal Maniacs Magazine next time you are at a magazine stand

I really wish a local store carried MM. I should subscribe, though, as a lot of my colleagues write for them.

David Gold said:
...or just stand and read it next time you are in a bookstore. Page 104-105.

:lol: Congrats on the coverage!

David Gold said:
I do have to give him credit for identifying two dead-on influences in our music; Katatonia and 'bad Type O Negative'. Ha! Brilliant!

I was trying to describe 'Pursuit...' in another forum and the best I could come up with was "the black metal record Agalloch never made".

Good or bad description?

edit: I meant it as if Agalloch had made BM before, not as if it was a copy of Agalloch!!!

David Gold said:

Thought I never really considered him as a fan/supporter of the band, Kevin does say some positive and flattering things about WoY...as well as some clever, negative things, of course. He criticies WoY for balancing 'the positive and the negative' in our music (the negative part being the fact that we have traces of 'positivity' in our music, as opposed to being 100% negative...cool eh? I like it.). I do have to give him credit for identifying two dead-on influences in our music; Katatonia and 'bad Type O Negative'. Ha! Brilliant! Hey Dan Hulse, you with me on this???

The whole piece on the DOTE show is pretty cool, and humorous. Pick up this issue of Metal Maniacs Magazine next time you are at a magazine stand...or just stand and read it next time you are in a bookstore. Page 104-105.

DG

That's all great but what we really wanna know is...when will you pose in Playgirl?o_O