Wrist sponge for guitar players

J the TyranT said:
Dude, I even wear bandanas in Daniel-san fashion or headbands to keep sweat out of my fuckin eyes when drumming a metal set... you need to... it burns bad.

I can tell that you don't exercise....:ill:

There is a "t" in scrunchie?

Monsieur Frenchie... Here in USA we typically call wrist "sponges" wrist "bands". The ones on ya head are called sweat bands.

Mostly worn by tennis players... I first saw them put to use by Steve "Gallop Master" Harris.

Speaking of body adornments - what the eff is the deal with Kirk Hammet putting those tape bands on his fingers? Do those help with his wah pedal and his pents, or???

EtherForBreakfast said:
Speaking of body adornments - what the eff is the deal with Kirk Hammet putting those tape bands on his fingers? Do those help with his wah pedal and his pents, or???

Well it's normally a drummer thing right, to stop blisters? So maybe he's trying to make up for Lars Ulrich :p

Actually this thread seems like a good place to ask something that is kinda vaguely related. If anyone has any ideas, I've been trying to find something to support my picking hand for ages - I have trouble with the knuckle of my little finger seizing up and dislocating every so often, so if there's some kind of sponge/scruntchie/gaffer tape combo that could help would be awesome.

Steve

Suicide.. you anchor your pinky to the guitar body... enough to the point where you pop it out of joint?????

Ouch... I anchor pinky and ring finger to body. You are asking a lot of your pinky to sustain such force... I know of no contraption that could save your pinky... nor your soul. =) Repent.

metalkingdom said:
I can tell that you don't exercise....:ill:

Im only getting -mildly- annoyed that you decide I'd be someone to fucking bother with. In which case... WTF does your comment have to do with anything? Sweat in the eyes is fun for you?

J the TyranT said:
Im only getting -mildly- annoyed that you decide I'd be someone to fucking bother with. In which case... WTF does your comment have to do with anything? Sweat in the eyes is fun for you?

Lose the tampon and you might realize that I'm just kidding with you....:Smug:

Sweat only burns when there's an abundance of salt content in it. If you exercise (or gig often), your sweat becomes more like water and doesn't burn your eyes.

EtherForBreakfast said:
Suicide.. you anchor your pinky to the guitar body... enough to the point where you pop it out of joint?????

Ouch... I anchor pinky and ring finger to body. You are asking a lot of your pinky to sustain such force... I know of no contraption that could save your pinky... nor your soul. =) Repent.

Ha, I don't even anchor my hand unless I'm palm-muting - I just have screwed up little fingers :erk:

My knuckles are a bit rubbish in general, so I'm wondering if there's something I could wear around my hand to help.

Steve

Most of the people I see wearing arm bands is to prevent their arm from rubbing the guitar body.

But, the true intention of arm bands I've always thought was NOT to keep sweat from your hands or arms, but to have a way to wick sweat away from your eyes, face, head, etc. at arms length (no pun intended). In sports arenas, where these things originated, you'd see athletes using them to wipe sweat off their heads and faces with a quick sweep of their wrist...This is what we always did in high school sports. Only nowadays have you seen them used so often in metal or by musicians.

Where's the best place to pick these up? The ones they sell at Hot Topic are totally emo/lame. Should I look in a sporting goods store? I'd like to pick up larger ones like KillDivision has. Those are badass!

I bought some black Nike ones in a sporting goods store something like 10 years ago, but since they have the white logo, I wear them reversed (how EVIL is that ?). I'd love longer ones as well (mine must be like 8 cm long, I'd like maybe 12 cm).

Kazrog said:
Where's the best place to pick these up? The ones they sell at Hot Topic are totally emo/lame. Should I look in a sporting goods store? I'd like to pick up larger ones like KillDivision has. Those are badass!
Sporting goods stores have them, even most Walmarts carry some.

Kazrog said:
lol. Hot Topic = :kickass: :headbang:
:lol:

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
I bought some black Nike ones in a sporting goods store something like 10 years ago, but since they have the white logo, I wear them reversed (how EVIL is that ?). I'd love longer ones as well (mine must be like 8 cm long, I'd like maybe 12 cm).

Got exactly the same ones and reverse them just the same:lol:

Got some white ones too but they just don't look as cool. Got them because James Hetfield wears them and cause I sweat a ridiculous amount onstage.

BlackestEyes said:
lol. Hot Topic = :kickass: :headbang:
:lol:

Exactly. I'm not too tr00 to admit having bought various things there, but nothing I wear currently come to think of it. I thought goths were silly until emo kids starting taking over the place.