Writing For New Album Complete!

Reaping Clarity

The Grimmest Reaper
Sep 5, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
Just received in the Daylight Dies Newsletter:

"We're pleased to announce that all songs for our third album have been written. This includes eight songs that add up to roughly 50 minutes in length. This is certainly our most varied and dynamic effort, with simultaneously our meanest and our most fragile songs to date. We're especially proud of this album, as it's certainly our best. As stated previously, the material is a mix of beautiful melancholic leads and harsh dissonant rhythms; despair driven hooks and the overall dark atmosphere you've come to expect. We're still refining lyrics, but two song titles will be "The Morning Light" and "Cathedral". We'll divulge more titles, including the album title in the near future. We enter the studio in a bit under 3 weeks."

This is amazing news! I cannot wait for the new album =D!

"This is certainly our most varied and dynamic effort"

This sounds promising imo, the last albums was a bit too monotonous for me to really get into.

"This is certainly our most varied and dynamic effort"

This sounds promising imo, the last albums was a bit too monotonous for me to really get into.

i'm respectfully wondering what brought you to the forum. most fans of this kind of music don't have the blabbermouth syndrome of spending energy on things they aren't into.

monotony is hardly the word someone could use to describe this band (whether one is into them or not). in any case, there is no doubt that the new record will be their best to date. give it a shot and let's discuss. PM me or something.

Whoah. Didnt think my post was that negative but it seems like i need to clarify myself.

I think DD are good, i like them. But I almost never listen to the whole albums in one sitting 'cause the melodies and riffs are a _bit_ too similar to really grab me so i get a little bored after a while, and thats that. I have seen some people say the same about Swallow The Sun which I personally can not understand at all cause i think all their tracks are original and interesting as hell in their very own way, im sorry but i cant say that about DDs tracks/albums, so far. I guess we all interpret music and melodies differently.
It doesnt mean i dont like them, I still love some of their tracks, especially A Life Less Lived and Dismantling Devotion.

If the new album will be more varied and dynamic then that is a good thing for me and maybe this upcoming album will be amazing to me too.

Any news regarding the new album lately? I have been listening to DD a lot lately and am really looking forward to the new cd.

I'm going to try and get an update up this weekend or early next week, with some photos or a video. Basically all guitars and keys are now finished, and Egan is currently working on the bass and clean vocal parts.