Writing Midi for drums.

kylendm

Apr 18, 2010
NJ
Alright so basically I'm sick of Piano Roll in my DAW (Sonar) to write MIDI. Is there any other software out there I could use to write MIDI drums in? I'm using Superior Drummer 2 by the way.

i ger good and fast results using the piano roll PLUS
a pattern based sequencer (dunno if sonar has such an option)
like FL Studio in my case.
you should check out the demo!

cheers
S.

i use guitar pro to get all hits and timings right, then i just move them to the right sounds, after that i start making it sound as real as possible with velocity and small timing changes

i use guitar pro to get all hits and timings right, then i just move them to the right sounds, after that i start making it sound as real as possible with velocity and small timing changes
I do that too. I write everything on GP according to how most stuff gets picked up by SD2 when I import the midi track. Then I just move the cymbals and other parts to wherever I want

I do that too. I write everything on GP according to how most stuff gets picked up by SD2 when I import the midi track. Then I just move the cymbals and other parts to wherever I want

Exactly, it takes no longer than a minute to line everything up right. I created a drum map (took about a minute to do also) and now I never have to mess with the alignment of samples after exporting from GP.

Exactly, it takes no longer than a minute to line everything up right. I created a drum map (took about a minute to do also) and now I never have to mess with the alignment of samples after exporting from GP.
Me too, I created my own drum map in Reaper including the names of the drums or cymbals and the note, so that it is easier to move them in Reaper, where you are asked for the note. So, for example, if I have Cymbal 2 on C2 and Cymbal 5 on D#3, I just change C2 to D#3, without having to drag them myself.

I do pretty much the same thing, but with tabit. I've been using it way before I started recording so when I found you could just export the MIDI from tabit, I was pretty damn excited.

Me too, I created my own drum map in Reaper including the names of the drums or cymbals and the note, so that it is easier to move them in Reaper, where you are asked for the note. So, for example, if I have Cymbal 2 on C2 and Cymbal 5 on D#3, I just change C2 to D#3, without having to drag them myself.

Figuring out how to write drums in Reaper wasn't that hard, as I'd used Hydrogen for a while as a demo thing. The thing was, it taught me patience.

But then I bought DFH.