WTB: Hi-gain amp heads

jimbo09

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a hi-gain amp head or two for my studio. I prefer lowered powered 50 watt heads, but anything up to 100 watt will work, I suppose. Right now, I have Mesa Rectifier, 5150 II, 6505+, VHT Sig:X and Jet City JCA20 heads, so I'm wanting something that's not those, haha.

Got a head you want to sell? Let me know what it is and how much you're reasonably asking for it. Ideally I'm looking for Marshall SLP/JMP/JCM 800/900/2000 DSL, Soldano, VHT/Fryette, Engl, Framus, or...? I'm open to consider just about anything, really. The only amps I'll rule out right now are Kranks and Peaveys -- I hate the Krank sound and despise Peavey amps, even the 5150s, lol. (Blasphemy, I know :) )

-Patrick

50 watts is lower power to you? There is absolutely no perceivable volume difference between a 50 watter and 100 watter.

It's not about volume -- it's about the attenuators I use. They support a max of 100w, so I like to keep it under that amount as much as possible. Also, I actually prefer 20 watt and under heads, but there aren't many high gain heads out there at that wattage. It's all about power tube saturation, and you get that sooner with lower wattage heads. :)