WTB - Metal/Rock drum samples!

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi Sneapers!

Yeah I'm looking for good drum samples to buy. A long time ago I saw someone that used to sell some fine sounds but I didn't find the post nor the link... I did some researches here and there on the web but didn't get anything really.

Does anybody know a great website where I could buy some samples?? I'm interested in every style of metal/rock sounds :danceboy: Just throw the link(s)! I guess I'm not the only guy that want more and more drum sounds hehehe...

Oh, I have to say that I already own Sneap & Slate drums, some great samples I found here (thanks mates!) + Joey Sturgis kits (btw his snares are fukn awesome...)

Thanks a lot!

PS: free samples are also welcome of course ;)

Check out the drum samples meta for some free stuff.

Lasse on this forum has a great sample set called LSD drums. If you like cracky snare's you'll love it. Some nice fat ones there too!
Sly also has a drum sample set I think. If I'm honest I've not checked it out yet but it's pretty cheap I think.
There's also a company called Drumwerks that has some really cool rock samples, lots of nice Ludwig kits.

Drumwerks!!! That's the link I was talking about! Really dig their snares...
Some of the other sites have good stuff too but not easy task to find toms sets (I mean 3/4 toms-sets)

I found many great toms sets but it's actually only 2 toms drum kits and the most metal bands have 3 or 4 (or more!) toms in their kits. It's always possible to detune the samples but that's not that good to me.

Anyhow, thanks to you both :kickass:

By the way - a little bit off topic - Slate's samples are really great but to me they all sound quite the same (aka the same clean characteristic) and they don't fit much of my mixes actually. It's pure personal taste. I love organic drums so when I have to replace some of 'em, I prefer to do it with organic sounds (can ya say not-that-clean sounds?) I bought these (with Trigger that is awesome) believing I won't be able to do without 'em but finally don't use them a lot... almost never!
There's surely tons of threads about that question on production zone but didn't look at there. Don't know how you guys feel about that...

I stopped using Slate samples for a long time, never featured on any of my mixes, but I needed a kick on a project recently and it was a Slate kick I used. Some of them do have that similar 2-3k sound, but I guess that's just his sound.

native instruments modern drums are really great, also drumwerks as mentioned and evil joe barressis kits sound ver ygood too.

Sly also has a drum sample set I think. If I'm honest I've not checked it out yet but it's pretty cheap I think.

sly`s snares are simply awesome! i really like that they are not pre-processed, so you`ll get totally raw and realistic sounding snares (if you are looking for that ;)) 30$ for 15 snares :worship:

cheers,
markus