WTF? Logic and Instrument Tracks (+6 db and panned +24 right ALL THE TIME!)

jipchen

ForesterStudio
Nov 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
www.facebook.com
I'm SO angry right now, really :yell:

Okay so here is my problem:
EVERY fucking time i have an instrument track in logic, the Level fader will automatically go to +6,0 and the pan-lnob will turn to +24 (right).
I have absolutely NO idea why this happens but it pisses me off to no end.
I set it to 0,0 again and the pan-knob to 0.
And as soon as i press play, it will happen again.
AAAARGH!

So, can anybody help me :(
(I tried automation set to 0 / 0 but it doesn't matter, as soon as i press play or record, the automation is gone and its +6 / +24 again.
sgdjskalhdasjklhdsa ! :heh:

edit: And it's independent of the software-instrument: eZ Drummer, EXS24,... everytime the same shit.

you have midi controller information in your tracks - click the region on each of your instrument tracks, hit 'y' to open the hyper editor, and delete the stuff thats telling the track to adjust gain and panning etc.

:OMG:
You're right :D Thanks so much!
I had no idea why there was this controller information, but now i think it's because i imported the midi files from guitar pro.
Wow, i've never thought of that :lol: Thanks!

:OMG:
You're right :D Thanks so much!
I had no idea why there was this controller information, but now i think it's because i imported the midi files from guitar pro.
Wow, i've never thought of that :lol: Thanks!

Yeah, when you export a midi file from GP, it adds lots of controller information that gets misinterpreted by the DAW. I was losing my mind with the same problem a couple of years ago :)

Yeah, when you export a midi file from GP, it adds lots of controller information that gets misinterpreted by the DAW. I was losing my mind with the same problem a couple of years ago :)
Strange, but now that i know it.. I just hope i will remember next time i import the drums and get crazy :lol:
And i even checked the automation, but i never realized there was this midi controller option.
I love this forum :)