www.sanctuaryrecords.com/secret/

Hawk said:
Yea the new Europe is pretty good. In have to listen to it some more.
How can they present this as a secret? Maybe they want to maneuver around any 'final countdown' misconceptions?

Europe is a very different band now. They are way heavier than let say, UFO.

I don't know if you know this, but they haven't sold any records in North America since "The Final Countdown" so perhaps here their signing, hell the existence IS a "secret."

Hawk said:
Yea the new Europe is pretty good. In have to listen to it some more.
How can they present this as a secret? Maybe they want to maneuver around any 'final countdown' misconceptions?

Europe is a very different band now. They are way heavier than let say, UFO.
What about the songwriting on the new Europe? They tossed out quite a few duds on Start From The Dark, IMO. I liked maybe 3-4 songs off it and felt the rest was uninspired.

From the songs I heard on that Sanctuary promo this new one sounds totally different than typical Europe. Guitar tone is different and you can hardly recognize Joey Tempest on the couple songs I listened to.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
What about the songwriting on the new Europe? They tossed out quite a few duds on Start From The Dark, IMO. I liked maybe 3-4 songs off it and felt the rest was uninspired.

From the songs I heard on that Sanctuary promo this new one sounds totally different than typical Europe. Guitar tone is different and you can hardly recognize Joey Tempest on the couple songs I listened to.

Well, I can only speak for myself and I like both albums. How was Joey sounding different? Just curious...

Hawk said:
Well, I can only speak for myself and I like both albums. How was Joey sounding different? Just curious...
Well, if you liked Start from the Dark, you're automatically disqualified, buddy. :p Joey's vocals sound canned on this one, like he's running them through some weird filter. But then again, the whole album sounds canned, so maybe it's just the compression that Sanctuary used on that preview. I've not heard the real album yet.