X-mas haul '08

OrbWeaver

BECAUSE FALCONER
Jan 15, 2007
Illinois, USA
www.myspace.com
So what did everyone get for X-mas this year? Did you do anything special? Met-Al is here with me at my Parents' place. We opened gifts at around 9:30 this morning. Al and I both got my mom some shirts from a store called Cache, and I also got her Falconer's new album, Among Beggars and Thieves. Hey, she DID ask for it for X-mas! Yes, my mom likes metal. :) I've been trying to convince her to come to ProgPower. But I digress... My dad got a bunch of books and DVDs, which made him happy. :D

My parents got Al a laptop + carrying case. I also got him three CDs, a (possibly the only release?) Narita CD, Mekong Delta, and Twilight - The Edge. We also got him a memory foam mattress topper, and my mom gave him two king sized bars of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate.

I got....
TONS of makeup. No, really. Like, two cases full. A Digital camera, MP3 player, 3 ornaments, Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series on DVD, Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music on DVD (animated!), Murdress Metal Road Show live Lizzy Borden DVD, Lizzy Borden CDs: Master of Disguise, Terror Rising, Menace To Society and Love you to Pieces, TICKETS TO SPAMALOT!!!

The Dungeons & Dragons DVD also has a players handbook + gaming module so you can play the characters. XD Apparently Venger is only level 13, and the kids are all level 7. Go figure. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the makeup I got. I only tend to use eyeshadow and mascara. But the cases came with eyeshadow, mascara, eye liner, lip liner, lip gloss, lipstick, blush, powder foundation and nail polish. EGADS.

I GET TO SEE SPAMALOT! YAY! :)

I scored a new Yamaha PSRE413 Keyboard and stand, an awesome Garnet and Diamond ring and cold hard Cash!

I'll be spending the cash at either Grandma's Music on some other new toy or at Hastings for a haul of new Cd's. :headbang:

Getting to spend Christmas in Michigan with my family has been an awesome present! I haven't seen them in 2 years!

They got me a digital camera and carrying case, an iPod Shuffle and $40 in iTunes gift cards, a watch, a fluffy bathrobe, an earring/necklace/bracelet set, scented lotion, and a lock deicer which will probably come in handy now that I live in the land of ice and snow. :lol:

Joan, that's awesome that your mom likes metal! Why doesn't she want to come to ProgPower?

Lets see....what did I get for Christmas? A phone call at 6AM that my uncle passed away an hour before. So needless to say Christmas means nothing to me today as do money or material things. I still have all my gifts still wrapped. Maybe I'll unwrap them sometime in February when I get over all this.

Joan, that's awesome that your mom likes metal! Why doesn't she want to come to ProgPower?

Because she's an older woman and doesn't think she'd have the endurance for it. I tell her there are plenty of seats to sit in, but she remains unconvinced.

She did say she'd come if Falconer ever played, though. So I guess if that happens, you'll get to meet my mom. :D

Lets see....what did I get for Christmas? A phone call at 6AM that my uncle passed away an hour before. So needless to say Christmas means nothing to me today as do money or material things. I still have all my gifts still wrapped. Maybe I'll unwrap them sometime in February when I get over all this.
Damn, that's so sad. My condolences to you and your family, and I'm sorry that sucked all the joy out of your holiday. I've had family members die just before Christmas too, and it still causes a bit of sadness every year. I found out earlier today that my aunt's cancer has come back and that she's not doing well. Puts a damper on stuff, for sure.

Shit buddy, i'm sorry to hear that :( My thoughts go out to you and your family.

As for the thread, i got all practical stuff. Socks, jeans, gift certificates for groceries, money for rent... sure did make my christmas!

My condolences. :( :cry:

Let's see.... I got a long-sleeved Vans shirt which I might even wear to work, some money, two Wal-Mart gift cards (which will come in handy, 3 cents off each gallon of gas!), and the traditional Chick-Fil-A calendar which I promptly throw away. (I choose not to patronize them, but never have told my religious mom why....)

Happily, no cheap sword from my mom this year, unlike the two previous years. Since I work for a blacksmith at the RennFaire here, giving me a cheap sword is like taking coals -- nay, charcoals -- to Newcastle. :)

My condolences. *hugs*

As for the topic, got gift cards to REI, Target, Starsucks and Barnes and Noble. The boything is making me a TV stand and the Mum added a cushion to my bank account that will help me finally buy a new laptop - which, now I only have to get approval for a company card to put the rest of it on. :)

Got some clothes, Christmas ornaments, kitchen stuff, gift card to my hair salon, and bedroom sheets from the in-laws.
Money from my mom and aunt.
Nothing from Brian since we didn't buy each other gifts to save money but he cooked me dinner on Monday.
Went to see Slumdog Millionaire after my family's party which was absolutely awesome and probably my favorite film of the year.
Outside of that I got new tires, Rock Band 2, and Prince of Persia with my bonus money and Brian got me the Within Temptation Black Symphony Blu Ray, Lunatic Soul album (Riverside's lead singer side project), and Spamlot tickets for my birthday earlier this month.

New Alpine Deck and Alpine speakers for my truck, 8 new Cds(Volbeat, Halcyon Way, Harmony, Chasowave and others). Plus the best gift of all I AM RETIRED. Oh yeah, and a call from USAA insurance, my roof is a piece of shit, it has extensive hail and wind damage, and the whole thing needs to be replaced, and they will cover it all.

Because she's an older woman and doesn't think she'd have the endurance for it. I tell her there are plenty of seats to sit in, but she remains unconvinced.

She did say she'd come if Falconer ever played, though. So I guess if that happens, you'll get to meet my mom. :D

Er.....if you don't mind me asking....Just how old is an 'older lady'?

*waits to see if she is my age* :p

House of Lords - Come to My Kingdom, Lunatica - Edge of Infinity, Starbreaker - (the new one), Astral Doors - Astralism, Vanilla Ninja - Blue Tatoo, Prince of Persia - Rival Swords, a MarioKart Strategy Guide, cool shirts from Dethklok and Dream Evil, cologne, several new books (all from the wife) and money from my parents. Nice.

To those who have lost loved ones around this time of year, I sympathize and empathize. My grandfather passed away ON Christmas day last year. It MAJORLY sucks no doubt. Keep your head up, remember, YOU'RE still alive. Mourn, but don't lose out opportunities to do great things for loved ones and yourself! Live life to the fullest!

160 GB external harddrive, a player that plays records, CDs, cassettes, the radio, and has a plug for an MP3 player, Moonspell t-shirt, Children of Bodom hoodie & beanie, some books, Lacuna Coil - Visual Karma (Mind, Body and Soul), and Ihsahn - angL. Oh, and Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction on vinyl.

My wife got me a pair of cycling shoes and season 2 of The Office. My mom and mother in law gave me money to buy a hitch for my Xterra. Why I bought an Xterra without a hitch is beyond me. :erk:

~Brian~

My wife got me a pair of cycling shoes and season 2 of The Office. My mom and mother in law gave me money to buy a hitch for my Xterra. Why I bought an Xterra without a hitch is beyond me. :erk:

~Brian~

What kind of riding do you do? I'm a road biker.

I got cookies, a pair of jeans, a set of drill bits which I desperately needed and a pair of channel-locks (my old ones are rusty as hell). Yardley and I got a bit of money from family. My parents gave me $100 toward a new headset for work. $450 to go!