X-mas haul '08

I spent the day with my wife and 1 year old daughter, my mother-in-law, grandma-in-law, and bro-in-law. My gift was just getting to play with my daughter all day, and had a few beers to end my night. I am hoping I can find a couple things today I want and are on megasale so I can maybe afford it, if not, oh well(I want to find fallout 3 cheap as hell, but it will still probably be more expensive than I can afford).

Er.....if you don't mind me asking....Just how old is an 'older lady'?

*waits to see if she is my age* :p

The point is, it's how she feels about whether or not she could physically handle ProgPower. Not my opinion of such. Personally, I think she would be able to handle it just fine, and enjoy herself emensely. Unfortunately, what I believe isn't going to convince her to go to prog power.

And if she knew I was telling anyone her age, she'd kill me. In a violent, and bloody mess. Okay, maybe not so much, but she certainly isn't one of those ladies who believes age should be worn as a badge of pride, and happily tells everyone who old she is. ;) She does look younger than she really is, though.

But that's all yer gettin'! :saint:

Lets see....what did I get for Christmas? A phone call at 6AM that my uncle passed away an hour before. So needless to say Christmas means nothing to me today as do money or material things. I still have all my gifts still wrapped. Maybe I'll unwrap them sometime in February when I get over all this.

Ouch! My condolences! I hate when that kind of thing happens, especially around the holidays....

Ok, after a little shopping today, all I got myself was Step Brothers, and that will keep me entertained for a while, funniest damned movie I have seen in a long long time. Next I have to find me a good video game that will occupy my time in an enjoyable fashion and is affordable(all the games I want right now are not cheap enough yet, so I have to give them some time to get cheaper and to be used and on sale, hehe).

Music:
  • Aesma Daeva - Dawn of the New Athens
  • Almah - Fragile Equality
  • Cloudscape - Global Drama
  • Death Angel - The Art of Dying
  • Helstar - The King of Hell
  • Helstar - Sins of the Past
  • Steel Assassin - War of the Eight Saints
  • Storm Warrior - Northern Rage
  • Suspyre - When Time Fades
  • Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
much of this music happens to be items that have been on my list for quite some time, while some were last minute replacements for items that were out of stock when I placed my order (DSO, for example :erk:). And there were a couple that were due out between Dec/Jan. So I'm pretty happy overall. Almah, Death Angel, Helstar, and Theocracy have received the most airplay since Christmas morning. I'll be into the remainder over the weekend.

Other items I received for Christmas include three much-needed pairs of jeans, a much-needed pair of New Balance shoes, a much-needed pair of Skechers, a much needed belt and wallet, a much-needed pair of house shoes, and a couple of button down shirts.

and one of my most anticipated items on the Santa list...

Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria
:kickass: (Windfola server; Legends of Windfola kinship for anyone interested) :cool:

My mother BLESSED me and my brother with tix to 9 hockey games... SHE RULES!!!! :worship: :worship:

I also got the limited edition of 300, a book, a ton of stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond (God love my stepbrother, he tried but I can't use any of it 'cause I'm allergic to fragrances) a Best Buy gift card and some loose teas...

it was a good Christmas :)

What kind of riding do you do? I'm a road biker.

Me too! I got into it this past summer. I purchased a black Specialized Allez to get me started. I'll eventually move on to something more high end. I use to run, but it just beats up my lower back too much. :erk: Riding the road is addictive though.

I tried my new shoes out in spin class this past Saturday and they make a world of difference! Everyone has told me, wait until you start climbing some of these Tennessee hills wearing them! My next purchase is a pair of LOOK KEO pedals to go on my bike.

~Brian~

[...a ton of stuff from Blood Bath and Beyond ...]

Fixed. :heh:

--Sorry, I'm so used to saying "Blood" Bath and Beyond that I couldn't resist.
Last week, I actually tried to go to Bed Bath and Beyond's website and I typed "Blood" instead, kinda on autopilot.....
...and hey presto, I went to the website for Blood Bath and Beyond.....which appears to be a parody site in the making. :lol:

2008 featured no stockings and no Christmas tree. Instead, in honor of my tumultuous end to 2008, I decided to flee to Peru for a couple of weeks to get away from it all! :headbang: And did I ever! hahaha Still have about 6 days to go before I return so here´s to more adventures... :kickass:

CDs: Lana Lane - Garden of the Moon and Curious Goods, Doro - Ballads, White Wedding single :headbang: and new Celebrate single :headbang::headbang:, Judas Priest - British Steel

DVDs: The Black Cauldron, The Sword and the Stone, Time Bandits

Other stuff: new dearfoam slippers, 2 new sweaters, socks, Victoria's Secret gift card, Michael's (crafts) gift card, some cool wedding scrap booking and stamping stuff (more crafts), body wash, some cash

CDs:
Volbeat- Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
Unsun- End Of Life
Lordi-Deadache

DVDs:
Dark Knight
Dark Floors: The Lordi Movie (anyone seen this?)
The Mist
Lacuna Coil- Visual Karma
Dream Theater- Chaos in Motion
Guns N Roses- Live in Baltimore 11/13/2006 (bootleg)

Books:
Slash Autobiography
Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide (Five novels in One Book)

and some much needed cash

I think that was it...

Because she's an older woman and doesn't think she'd have the endurance for it.

Yeah, my mom is the same way. She loves metal (Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Rhapsody, etc.) and she has gone to shows here in the area, but she doesn't think she'd have the endurance for all of it. I've explained that you can leave and come back, there are seats, there is food, and you have so much fun that it doesn't seem like you're spending 10 hours a day at the festival. She was going to go the year Strato played (2005), but then when they announced tour dates and were playing at Jaxx, she backed out of PP and just went to the Jaxx show. It sucks I can't get her to come to ProgPower, I know she'd enjoy it.

It's funny, because the first progpower I went to(progpower 2), I was only 17 and my mom went with me and she doesn't even really listen to this stuff at all(she is almost 60 now), and she endured it just fine, with the over 2 mile walk back to the hotel both nights too. She ended up enjoying the festival and liked a few of the singers(Russell, Jorn, Lance) and thought a lot of the musicians were good(and she mainly just listens to the oldies station and western swing music(because my grandfather has played western swing sax his whole life)). If my mom can enjoy it, then anybody else definately can and they will also be able to endure it, especially considering they enjoy the music and are fans.

Not so funny, rushzil. Being 40 or 50 is very different on one's health than being in the 60s. Also, each person's health affects them differently, which in turn affects their endurance. It is unfair to assume that because your mom could do it 10 years ago, that anyone else's mother can do it, too, with no problems whatsoever.

I can guarantee that 10 years ago, my mom probably would have felt differently about her own health and endurance at a weekend-long festival. *I* think she'd be fine now, but that choice isn't up to me. It's up to her, and she knows her own body and its limits better than I do.

The reason I think it is funny because my mom doesn't like the music, and she enjoyed herself. She endured it just fine, and actually could do so even more now, and am saying if she was a fan she definately could of endured more and especially if the place was down the street as opposed to that year us being almost 3 miles from the venue walking back.