Y&T on tour - Melkweg/Amsterdam show May 18

Yeah! They played for 2 hours & 15 minutes. There are live cd's of the tour but to be standing up front watching the band live was something I will never forget. They played as if they were infront of 50,000 fans.

The lighted Rainbow over the stage was impressive for the times.

They opened with a song that was not out yet, "Kill The King" How many bands can do that?

It was a 1st for me to watch a band expand & stretch there songs out live. The dynamics of the songs i.e. "Catch The Rainbow" was mesmerizing.

I remember walking out after the show & everybody seemed stunned by what they just saw.

PS This version of Rainbow even though short lived should be mentioned along with the great live bands ever IMHO.

Assault_Attack said:
I saw Rainbow there on the Rainbow Rising in tour in 76' one of my favorite gigs ever!

I saw the Koln show from that tour in the German TV channel WDR in the Rockpalast program back in '76! I was amazed by what I saw. Very impressive. That show is now available on DVD and its one of the best live DVD's I ever saw. I agree completely a magic show!

Btw where do you live and what is your age? :)

Yeah! They played for 2 hours & 15 minutes. There are live cd's of the tour but to be standing up front watching the band live was something I will never forget. They played as if they were infront of 50,000 fans.

The lighted Rainbow over the stage was impressive for the times.

They opened with a song that was not out yet, "Kill The King" How many bands can do that?

It was a 1st for me to watch a band expand & stretch there songs out live. The dynamics of the songs i.e. "Catch The Rainbow" was mesmerizing.

I remember walking out after the show & everybody seemed stunned by what they just saw.

PS This version if Rainbow even though short lived should be mentioned along with the great live bands ever IMHO.

Thanks so much for sharing that here. Do I envy you! The 'stunned' part I love!

@ Hawk: the Rockpast gig is indeed legendary, I remember seeing that on late-night WDR-television as a replay in '80/'81 or so with a pal. Without a doubt that was my fave music dvd last year - waited for about a quarter of a century for that to appear officially. Man was it worth it!

Metal79 said:
Thanks so much for sharing that here. Do I envy you! The 'stunned' part I love!

Yea same here.

Metal79 said:
@ Hawk: the Rockpast gig is indeed legendary, I remember seeing that on late-night WDR-television as a replay in '80/'81 or so with a pal. Without a doubt that was my fave music dvd last year - waited for about a quarter of a century for that to appear officially. Man was it worth it!

Indeed!! Wonderful gig! Wonderful release!

I sat down & watched the Rainbow live in Munich 77' DVD again great vid. + all the cool bonus features. I saw this tour in San francisco, May 20th 78' Rainbow opened for REO Speedwagon.......

The Rising tour came through here (San Jose) in Aug 76' I believe, right before my 19th Birthday.

Back on topic Y&T will be in Sata Cruz June 30th so I will have to trek over the hill & down by the ocean & check it out.

I saw twice Y&T in Madrid. Great gigs from an overwhelming and underrated band. In my opinion, Meniketti is the best combining singer/lead guitarist. What a feeling!
By the way, finally they´re going to release a double DVD + Audio Cd, recorded in Zoetemeer, Netherlands. A must buy :headbang:

TRACK LISTING:

DVD

1. Intro: From The Moon
2. Open Fire
3. Lipstick and Leather
4. Don’t Stop Running
5. Dirty Girl
6. Surrender
7. Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
8. Mean Streak
9. Lonely Side Of Town
10. Barroom Boogie
11. Winds Of Change
12. Eyes Of A Stranger
13. Summertime Girls
14. Hurricane
15. Rescue Me
16. I'll Cry For You
17. Rock & Roll's Gonna Save The World
18. I Believe In You
19. Forever
20. Black Tiger

SPECIALS / EXTRAS:

1. Backstage / After the Show
2. Meet-and-Greet
3. Sound Check / Sound Check Songs (Midnight In Tokyo, Ten Lovers, Sail On By)
4. Before the Show
5. Outtakes
6. Photo Gallery
7. Live at the Bang Your Head!!! Festival 2006 (Black Tiger, Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark, Midnight In Tokyo)

Audio-CD:

01 Intro - From The Moon/Open Fire
02 Dirty Girl
03 Surrender
04 Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
05 Men Streak
06 Lonely Side Of Town
07 Eyes Of A Stranger
08 Rescue Me
09 I'll Cry For You
10 Rock 'n' Roll's Gonna Save The World
11 I Believe In You
12 Forever
13 Midnight In Tokyo

Yep, that's a must have.
According to Meniketti in an interview with the German mag Heavy this month, Y&T had already filmed a few American shows some years ago. The band were so disappointed with the results, the recordings didn't make it onto dvd.
'Pity I couldn't make it to the Zoetermeer show October last, I was in France.:cry:

Rainbow Live in Munich '77 video was a total orgasm for me. All those years of jamming to Rainbow: On Stage and I finally got to SEE it in action!

Got the same thrill a few weeks ago from Rush's Exit Stage Left video that was recently released. It's so cool to re-live my formative years not only in audio, but VIDEO as well!

Cool review, The H.G.Wellls bit about time travel & " we’re back in a time when 007 was still outwitting the Russians, mail meant a letter with a stamp on it and rock wasn’t sissy boy crap from Manchester" Is all true! But at least , to me anyway, The music is not dated.

Hell! Dave never disappoints, He plays with so much passion I don't think you could ever say Yeah Y&T were ok. I think he pulls everyone in with him & takes them along for the ride.