Yes, the new SWANS album is 10/10

Checking out this new live album now, never bothered giving this band a decent look in the past. This is currently staving my balls in.
004.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
RiA: if you're gonna check out every Gakaithrough and Maternity Morgue recommendation, you owe it to yourself to at least give The Seer a try. It's one of the blackest things ever recorded.

I've spun it at least 10 times so far and it's so up and down that I'm not sure I "get" why many are hailing it a classic. It has good moments, and I do like it, but overall it just seems so... pointless. I've never felt that way about a Swans album before, although I still have yet to hear The Burning World.

Soundtracks for the Blind is their magnum opus methinks. I listen to the bunny albums more often, and The Great Annihilator is my personal favoUrite, but said Soundtracks are just so god damn good it literally hurts. I could easily take that album and that album only to a desert island and be happy.

i dont like soundtracks either. too long and i'm into the ambient type stuff.

if you like the bunny albums, you need burning world. not sure why gira hates it so much. it's one of their best.

personal fave would be great annihilator