Yet another annoying equipment thread, sorry.

Thraxz

Melody be Thy Name
Aug 27, 2004
Las Vegas
I'm looking for a worthwhile effects pedal. I'm currently interested in the Boss ME-50, Boss GT-6 and the Line 6 POD Live.

Is it really worth it to go ahead and get the GT-6 over the ME-50? I know the wah sucks while running distortion on the ME-50 but heard it was better on the GT's. Is the POD worth the extra money to get over the GT? I've heard pretty much nothing but good about both the POD and GT-6/8.

Help the retard who's posting this, please.

I have the Boss ME-50, and I can't get a good sound out of it no matter what I do. At first I thought it was my amp, so I bought a new Crate half-stack. Somehow, the effects board still sounds like shit. However, everyone else seems to think highly of it, so maybe it's just me. I guess you should just try them both before buying either, or go with the more expensive one. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

I'm quite satisfied with my POD XT-Live, it sounds great. I didn't try the GT8, but for Austria, there's no significant difference concerning the price!

If you get it around 200$, you don't even have to think about it. Try all of them in any store, and if you like them all, buy the one you get for the best price!

The stores here are CHOCK FUCKING FULL of elitist snob cunts that look down upon anyone who cannot rip a few malmsteen shreds. I have trouble with Metallica ballad solos. Needless to say, they don't want me to touch anything. The way they hover over you to try to get you not to play. I really fucking hate it.

Back at home all the guys at all the guitar shops are elitist pricks who wont talk to you unless they think you're gonna buy something right on the spot. Here at school the guys at the guitar center are more than willing to help but dont know shit about anything. But yeah anyway I'm looking for a pedal too. I was trying the GT-6 the other day and I got a really good sound out of it (no thanks to the guy trying to help me) even through the shitty little amp they had set up. My friend uses a GT-6 and gets a damn good sound out of it. Havent tried the others yet, but yeah, the GT-6 is pretty sweet.

Thraxz said:
The stores here are CHOCK FUCKING FULL of elitist snob cunts that look down upon anyone who cannot rip a few malmsteen shreds. I have trouble with Metallica ballad solos. Needless to say, they don't want me to touch anything. The way they hover over you to try to get you not to play. I really fucking hate it.
Wow, that sucks. We have a great guitar store in Connecticut with VERY helpful staff who pretty much force you to try everything out, while they stand there and answer your questions (or leave when you want them to). It's great; you walk in the store and pretty much get attacked by someone who really wants to help. Yeah, sorry for the off-topicness. :erk:

No problem, man, I already bought the pedal so the topic is dead anyhow.

...How I wish for a store like that.

no!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did i join this forum a day late.. gt6 /8's suck, go for the pod xt with a 4 button footswitch, try and return the boss if you can!