yngwie f**king malmsteen

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
Yes I am a Malmsteen fan. Although I have just started to listen recently, I can recognize the unbelievable talent that goes into his playing and songwriting. From what I've listened to, War to end all wars is his best work and also Trilogy is great too. I know that Mike is a Malmsteen fan. So whats the consensus, also have you heard new album, dvd, anyone.

Nope haven't heard the new dvd or album. I have a feeling you are going to find a lot of bashers in here, but personally i don't mind him.

If you like him be sure to check out Jason Becker, who IMO is (was) better.

yeah, except i think he's an asshole as a person and his music hasn't been inventive in at least 10 years.

Becker slays him with half a pinky finger and is a quality guy.

Kenneth R. said:
yeah, except i think he's an asshole as a person and his music hasn't been inventive in at least 10 years.

Haha apparently he was kicked from G3 because he was a constant asshole.. That's just what I heard though

Kenneth R. said:
yeah, except i think he's an asshole as a person
Shhh. You trying to unleash the fury? :lol:

A lot of his older stuff (up to Facing the Animal) was great. I thought Alchemy kicked ass, WTEAW was a bit boring, and I haven't bothered with anything since.

Kenneth R. said:

If I had as much talent as Yngwie, I would be the same, although him being an asshole is your opinion and you've have never met him. And you are fucking delusional thinking anyone can slay the Malmsteen.

Yeah! I'm a big malmsteen fan, have been for a good few years.. and suprisingly to most people its not cos of the speed of his playing.. I really share his musical vision and basically 90% of his stuff is fantastic.

To me though, war to end all wars is his worst effort. The production is hideous, the singer is irritating as fuck and there's only 1 decent track there which is the title track. Fire & Ice and Odyssey are what i find to be his best works, Perpetual;How Many Miles to Babylon and Riot In The Dungeons are really inventive and generally cool sounding.

As far as his personality goes.. I couldn't give a shit.. I like his music and thats all I care about.

metal_wrath said:
If I had as much talent as Yngwie, I would be the same, although him being an asshole is your opinion and you've have never met him. And you are fucking delusional thinking anyone can slay the Malmsteen.
congratulations. you have achieved level 6 fanboy status.

Kenneth R. said:
I'm an yngwie fan myself, but I agree.

Unleash the fury was a terrible album...
And so was attack, but it had a couple good songs, and it goes like that progressively till the beginning of his career - Rising Force, Marching Out and Trilogy :worship:notworthy:worship:

A. Iverson said:
what the fuck was that?? that doesnt even closely resemble Black Star. And whats with all those half-assed attemtps at copying yngwies on stage antics?

Conclusion --> becker sucks
he was 15 there failure. and malmsteen fucking blows