yngwie f**king malmsteen

Yngwie was a groundbreaking player. He isn't anymore. Becker was a groundbreaking player, who dwarfs Yngwie in every aspect of life, both in his playing and his personality. How you can say the opposite is beyond me. And you called ME dillusional.

malmsteen is hard to take seriously for the most part, especially the lyrics and everything. but he does have killer solos. not all of them are soulless, i think. but apart from the concerto the solos have gradually become less interesting.

Kenneth R. said:
Yngwie was a groundbreaking player. He isn't anymore. Becker was a groundbreaking player, who dwarfs Yngwie in every aspect of life, both in his playing and his personality. How you can say the opposite is beyond me. And you called ME dillusional.
In your opinion.

"You say you're always right and I'm wrong
You tell me I am weak and you are strong
Always tried so hard
Now you've gone too far
I'll give all or nothing now to play my cards

You pretend it's for fun
In the end when it's done
You might say it's a game
But I will show no mercy

You talk so much but you don't have a clue
You lie so much you even think it's tru
Now I'm in the lead
Want to see you bleed
Say goodbye I am forever in control

You must learn oh so well
You shall burn in my hell
I will show no mercy

And now it's said and done it's all completed
You think you've won you know you are defeated
Now it's all so clear
I'm your greatest fear
You have lived a lie be prepared to die

You must learn oh so well
You shall burn in my hell
I will show no mercy "

"no mercy", yngwie malmsteen

Now were at a draw.

love em or hate em Yngwie is the fuckin man... I love him just for his character alone... you call him an asshole but i call him a hilariously entertaining asshole...

secondly... yngwie chooses to play the way he plays. he likes the sound... he doesnt "blow" because you dont like his style of playing. the best fuckin guitarists on the planet bow down to yngwie... there must be a reason...im sure if he wanted to sound like David Gilmour he could at least play something good in that vein, disregarding whether or not gilmour is better.

if you dont understand the coolness of yngwie go see spinal tap...there is a certain absurdity to rock n roll that is fucking top notch :kickass: :headbang:
all that being said...i wouldnt spend my money on him...rising force and G3 is all i need for that rare occasion i need to hear chromatic runs on the high e string at 2000 meters per second (for 15 minutes)

Stimuli said:
love em or hate em Yngwie is the fuckin man... I love him just for his character alone... you call him an asshole but i call him a hilariously entertaining asshole...

secondly... yngwie chooses to play the way he plays. he likes the sound... he doesnt "blow" because you dont like his style of playing. the best fuckin guitarists on the planet bow down to yngwie... there must be a reason...im sure if he wanted to sound like David Gilmour he could at least play something good in that vein, disregarding whether or not gilmour is better.

if you dont understand the coolness of yngwie go see spinal tap...there is a certain absurdity to rock n roll that is fucking top notch :kickass: :headbang:
all that being said...i wouldnt spend my money on him...rising force and G3 is all i need for that rare occasion i need to hear chromatic runs on the high e string at 2000 meters per second (for 15 minutes)

haha awesome post, you sound like a friend of mine who shares your exact view about him being a hilariously entertaining asshole.

It is a pity that we will never hear Becker actually play guitar again, but it is amazing that despite being completely robbed of that ability (as well as just about every other ability), he was able to compose Perspective, which was fantastic to say the least.

I hope Malmsteen never has to go through what Becker has.

haha, my last name is Becker...

Kenneth R. said:
don't quit your day job. if you have one. :lol:

you need to stop getting a boner over being mr e-smartass and just learn when to shut up because you arent even funny lol.. if you must respond at least say something mildly witty rather than the same zimmerframe ridden crappy one liners or semi-intelligent nonsensical paragraphs

daz436 said:
you need to stop getting a boner over being mr e-smartass and just learn when to shut up because you arent even funny lol.. if you must respond at least say something mildly witty rather than the same zimmerframe ridden crappy one liners or semi-intelligent nonsensical paragraphs
take your own advice?