Yo! Laser's Edge...can you get this?

How do record companies make money out of this? I mean, the musicians involved get paid obviously, but as far as how many units will a tribute album sell? I don't think companies recoup the initial investment. So what's the purpose? Am I missing something?

You would be amazed how well some of these tribute albums sell. Otherwise they wouldn't exist.

They are mostly name driven. People pick them up because of the musicians involved or they like the main artist or just out of morbid curiosity.

Des anyone really want to hear Rick Wakeman try to play fusion or a Steve Miller tune? Why do people stop to look at accidents on the highway?

Does your version of Mercenary include the bonus track? My friend got burned ordering from Amazon. Track listing showed 10 tracks, the CD arrived with 9.

And what about Seduce the Heaven? I see that there's a version out there with 2 bonus tracks.

Mercenary doesn't have a bonus track. Perhaps the European version does. Seduce The Heaven has 10 tracks. There is a big "Power Prog" sticker right over the last tracks so I can't tell if they are marked as bonus tracks.

Looks like the bonus track version of Seduce the Heaven should have 12 tracks. Bummer, but thanks for checking!

This is why I despise the practice of making bonus tracks region specific. Such a pain in the ass.

The Great Deception-----(Seconds Before Landing ) ( Trey Gunn/ Tim Bogart) ????????

Is this on your Radar...........

(Progstreaming)

Ken,

I just saw that Morglbl announced a US tour in September. Do you know if they are planning on releasing a new album?

Ken,

I just saw that Morglbl announced a US tour in September. Do you know if they are planning on releasing a new album?

Glad you mentioned this, I had no idea about the tour, and I think I can catch one of the dates! Awesome!! I'm assuming it's to support their Brutal Romance album from last year?