Yo! New NM fan here.

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
How are you all?

The name's Scott and I'm usually over at the Dungeon forums (Aussie power metal). I've been reading this forum on and off for a little while now and I thought I might aswell post something here!

So yeah, I like bands like Nevemore (derr), Dream Theater, The Amenta, Darkane, Evergrey, Alarum, Angra, etc etc.. Fark, too many awesome bands to mention.

I saw an Aussie band called Switchblade the other night at The Gaelic Club right here in Sydney where I live and they reminded me of a heavier Nevermore. Similar riff stylings and what-not, but the singer was a heavy screamer. I think I hurt my neck banging too much. One of the guitarists looked exactly like Jeff Loomis and had a Nevermore sticker on his Washburn 7 string. I could tell he wanted to be like Jeff, haha..

Anyways, I'll shut the hell up now,
Cya!

Welcome, petrucci_dude, nice to have one more that appreciates a little prog now and then. I'm a huge DT fan myself, and quite a lot of my guitar technique comes from Mr Petrucci. Because I stole it through osmosis when I shook his hand after a show. It's true.

Thanks for all the welcomes, guys/girls!

@ Matt Lee - I'm not sure Osmosis or Diffusion is possible through the skin *confused*. Haha...

I am used to swearing, bullshit, games, teasing, etc etc over on the Dungeon forum. So I'll try and behave here, or, I will try not to be offended by anyone. Haha, it's only the internet.

petrucci_dude said:
Thanks for all the welcomes, guys/girls!

@ Matt Lee - I'm not sure Osmosis or Diffusion is possible through the skin *confused*. Haha...

I am used to swearing, bullshit, games, teasing, etc etc over on the Dungeon forum. So I'll try and behave here, or, I will try not to be offended by anyone. Haha, it's only the internet.

Haha, yeah, you're at least partially right, I forgot Osmosis is just through water or something like that. It would have to be Diffusion I think. But I don't really remember any of that stuff very well. The point is, I took it, and I'm not giving it back. (but he has plenty left over so no one can really tell)