I'm new here, and excited as hell!!!

Nuclear Knight

I'll never tell
Jan 10, 2002
Never, Neverland.
Visit site
Whoaa....my dreams come true...a fucking Nevermore forum!!!
I didn't think it would be up and running. Teaches me to think huh.

Let me tell you my story.

I am 29 years old, and I have been lucky enough to discover Nevermore about the middle of last year. They are now my favorite band, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Pantera used to be my favorite, but the last two albums have been lackluster. As a matter of fact, I heard of Nevermore on the Pantera B.B. I can't believe I never knew about them before this. They have changed my life.

I have been listening to metal ever since I was about 11-12, so I know alot of bands. I was so sick of all the nu-metal shit, that I buried myself in the few remaining thrash bands that I knew of. Bands like Pantera, Megadeth, Annihilator and Flotsam & Jetsam. I did not know of this whole new underground growing all about me. Man, was I about to be taken to the next level.

I asked the dude if Nevermore was any good, and if they had a good guitar player. See, I play and I only like metal with talent. He said "yes" and so I went out that day and bought Dead Heart and Dreaming, the rest, as they say, is history.

Upon this revelation of music, I thought..."holy shit, what an asshole I am....what else have I been missing out on". So I have been on a CD purchasing spree ever since, trying to find something as good as Nevermore. Hasn't happened yet, and never will. But along the way, I have found a few jems in the form of Opeth and Arch Enemy.

I am deep rooted in thrash. Some of my favorite bands are:
Nevermore (obviously)
old Metallica
Megadeth
Flojet
Annihilator
Testament
Pantera
Forbidden
Metal Church
MachineHead
Racer-X
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Kreator

And I have recently been digging into my hair rock past. These old bands had great guitar players. Bands like:
Dokken
Danger Danger
Tesla
Mr. Big
White Lion
Skid Row
Winger

just to name a few.

At any rate, this is just a brief bio. on me. I would like to get to know you all, and get some feedback on my bio.

A little more is that I said I play guitar. I have been playing since I was about 15-16. I am 29 now. I took a little break in there too. So I could get into school and clean my drunken, drugged up ass out.

I am almost done with my first degree (Industrial Engineering), and am also working on Computer Science.

Wow, I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore you.
So, hello and I am looking forward to spending alot of time here.

Now, on with the Nevermore talk!!!

it's their best, and you'll definitely agree with me if you're heavily into guitar wizardry.

Yes, Jeff is a killer guitarist. If you love his Nevermore work, check out his demos here... http://www.apollo.spaceports.com/~bentvox/index.html

You'll love it.

You say you like metal bands with talent. Here are some others to check out...

Dream Theater
Pain of Salvation
Children of Bodom (I'm not a huge fan, but I've been told that their guitarists are amazing)
Death
Morbid Angel (earlier work)
Tony MacAlpine (a must if you're into thrash/shred)

Yeah - hi and welcome! I got into Nevermore only 1 year ago and similar to u I then found out that there exist music other than NM hehehe
Though I, too, havent found any as thrilling as NM ... but:
In FLames! check out their Whoracle or Colony or Clayman ... all three of them rock!
Iced Earth - Dark Saga is really amazing stuff
Opeth - yeah :)
Death - wow! 2 days ago I finally found their "Symbolic" in my mailox ... hehe
Jag Panzer - actually I´m listening to them ... all day long hahaaha (and thx to Dragonlord for he was first "telling" me that Jag PAnzer exists ...)

hope u will have as much pleasure in here as I did (and still do)

Check the first Vicious Rumors album...
... and Vinnie Moore in general.

Joy Tafola "Out of the sun" has great guitar work in it.

Thank you for your kindness. Thank you also for the musical reccomendations as well. Some of them, I have. Some also I don't have, but want to check out. It's just alot of money to keep buying and buying them.

I have a cool idea that I will post about, when I have the time. It may just fly around here.

Well, Nuclear Knight, now I can take the time to welcome you down to the pit!! :D Hope you'll have some great moments spent with us in here!!

Check out the music of Wagner, Engine and Twisted Sister by the way. They may not be your style but they all are awesome!! :)

WELCOME!

Since we are in sorta the same age bracket (I am 32), I can relate to alot of stuff you had on the list, but I didn't see Overkill?? Granted it isn't guitar wizardry, but they are a kick ass metal band. Also you need to check out Bruce Dickinson's solo CD's THE CHEMICAL WEDDING AND ACCIDENT OF BIRTH. Good shit.

BTW, the site has been up for over 3 years now (SHIT HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG????) Where have YOU been?????

Anyways, welcome to where ya should've been in the first place.....LOL

SEE YA

Jody

Hi Jody.

I do like Overkill. I only listed a few of the bands I listen to. I have W.F.O., Horrorscope and I Hear Black. I really only like I Hear Black. I wish they would've put out more like that one.

I have heard alot of good things about Bruces solo stuff. Have not had the opportunity of checking it out yet though.

I heard that him, Rob Halford and Geoff Tate are working on a project. Is that true? That would kick serious ass.

I don't know about the solo project you mentioned.

As far as Kill, you need to get From the Underground and Below (for sure), also the last two Necroshine and Bloodletting are good also--Underground is my fav. Laterz

Forget all these thrash bands that people are mentioning....!

Martyr, Cynic, Watchtower, Athiest, Death, Control Denied.

This Project whith Bruce, Halford and Tate is The Three Tremors Project (A joke with the Three Tenors). But I don't know when it will be released, the musicians have some schedules problems!
Here a Picture, maybe the album front cover:
trinity.jpg

Cheers