I'm new here, and excited as hell!!!

I see Judus Priest on your list, but have you ever listened to Rob Halfords band “Fight” that he created after he left J.P.? Hardly ever see any mention of this highly underrated band. They are super heavy and Rob’s full vocal range is used throughout the recording. The two Fight recordings I recommend are “War of Words” and “A Small Deadly Space” both are still available. Think J.P. kicked up about ten notches with hella more bottom. I have many more recommendations, but I never see this band mentioned and that’s too bad. Let me know what you think.

Talk of Overkill and no mention of The Years of Decay. That album is by far their best. Horrorscope, WFO, Necroshine, and Bloodletting are also great. I Hear Black was mediocre, IMO. I still remember seeing the video for Elimination back in '90 or so. THe song blew me away. If you like thrash, The Years of Decay is a classic (though the singer takes some getting used to). All this talk makes me nostalgic; I'm gonna listen to that CD now.

Later.

Originally posted by predeterminator
I see Judus Priest on your list, but have you ever listened to Rob Halfords band “Fight” that he created after he left J.P.? Hardly ever see any mention of this highly underrated band. They are super heavy and Rob’s full vocal range is used throughout the recording. The two Fight recordings I recommend are “War of Words” and “A Small Deadly Space” both are still available. Think J.P. kicked up about ten notches with hella more bottom. I have many more recommendations, but I never see this band mentioned and that’s too bad. Let me know what you think.

Cool!! I also listen to Fight. I totally dig "War of Words". I did not think that "Small Deadly Space" was as good as "War....".
Russ Parish is indeed a worthy guitar player.
I thought "War Of Words" was a huge step in the right direction for Halford. Excellent recording!!!

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Talk of Overkill and no mention of The Years of Decay. That album is by far their best. Horrorscope, WFO, Necroshine, and Bloodletting are also great. I Hear Black was mediocre, IMO. I still remember seeing the video for Elimination back in '90 or so. THe song blew me away. If you like thrash, The Years of Decay is a classic (though the singer takes some getting used to). All this talk makes me nostalgic; I'm gonna listen to that CD now.

Later.
The reason I prefer "I Hear Black" over all of their other work, is because it was a departure from the norm of what they were doing.
I like speed and all, but Overkill's albums all just kinda blended together into one speedy song. "I Hear..." had variety. Most Overkill fans think that "I Hear Black" was their dud, I however, thought it was their shining moment, and I always wished they would put out another one like that.

As far as the newer stuff, I really don't know much about it. I would love to hear it, and I would really love to dig it too. I hear "BloodLetting" and the others are good. If you all give me the hook-up *wink, wink(burn me some copies)wink, wink*, then I could enjoy them just like you all are.

Damn, I'm gonna pop some I Hear Black, in now!

Ok so slap me...

I am 32 and just got into Overkill about 5 years ago (she ducks) ha ha. Same with Nevermore now that I think about it!!! No really I don't know why, I guess nobody I hung around with at the time listened to that stuff, so I was naive to the whole thing. But it is OK, I am better now, thanks. First time I went to one of Overkill's shows I was hooked (I have seen them 3 or 4 times now-can't remember), but I really "like" the more recent stuff I suppose because I have just plain heard it more. It is my tradition to get royally fucked up at an Overkill show, usually to the point of puking my guts out afterward. (Had to have em pull over a few times) (laughs) ARE YOU LAUGHING? :) Come to think of it, that has happened to a couple of Nevermore shows as well....HMMMM....anyone from Cleveland here to remember THAT??? Probably not,

ok enough of the parenthesis.....

SEE YA!

I think its bryon speaking so to speak...

hahaha

its weird...great babe, yu must be thrilled..

BACK TO FIGHT, FIGHT WERE GRUNGE, SORRY BUT ITS TRUE...

listen the lastt song on small dealy space, its QUEEN...

i think that FIGHT IS car music, and not for background sunday reading that i do.

Nuclear Knight,

I don't recall seeing anyone mentioning Spiral Architect's cd called A Sceptic's Universe. They might not be thrash but they are very technical. Liquid Tension Experiment which is an off shoot of Dream Theater without any singing(thank god) is very good also.

Originally posted by Jody42147
WICKED!!!! :)

I am a big Bruce fan! (well all of them, really)

this ought to be quite interesting indeed!

Bruce scrapped the project months ago. That picture was taken before the project was dumped (obviously)

L8rs,
DavE