Let's start an online Nevermore street team

Well a lot of us don't have a large amount of time to do the "old street team" stuff. Thus, email newsletters seem to solve that problem. As long as I turn one person on to this music I feel as though I have accomplished something. We don't want any money and this isn't lucrative by any stretch of the imagination anyhow. I just thought it would be cool to get the word out. I don't see why the band wouldn't want to do that. No strings attached. Just spreading the word. Getting the label involved means lose of control imo.

DavE

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to names (though I'm a bit partial to my "SanityAssassins" suggestion), but here are my impressions of what's been offered so far....

Electric Religion--for some reason, I hear this and think "Electric Boogaloo". Anyone remember that dumb rap movie from about 20 years ago? Was the sequel to "Breakin'"? Don't know why that popped into my head. Electric religion just doesn't have the Nevermore edge to me. Not trying to offend anyone. Just offering an opinion.

The Dogs--with this response, you guys are going to think I'm into R&B and Rap and music of that ilk, but for some reason I just get this Gangsta image of being in a street team called "The Dawgs"...err "The Dogs".

Here's another suggestion...

PoisonGodMachines

I like the whole wordsrunningtogether thing. Corrupted by programming. To emulate flesh machines, I am learning...:)

>deconstructor<

Originally posted by Poison God
Well a lot of us don't have a large amount of time to do the "old street team" stuff. Thus, email newsletters seem to solve that problem. As long as I turn one person on to this music I feel as though I have accomplished something. We don't want any money and this isn't lucrative by any stretch of the imagination anyhow. I just thought it would be cool to get the word out. I don't see why the band wouldn't want to do that. No strings attached. Just spreading the word. Getting the label involved means lose of control imo.

DavE

I'm sure everyone can have different levels of participation in the street team, but our primary goal will be similar: spread the word. As you said, if we can each get one person hooked, that's one more Neverhead! One more person buying the records. One more person coming out to shows and then, suddenly, the Monsters of Rock tour returns to stadiums in the USA near you and NEVERMORE is headlining. N'Sync & the Backstreet Boys have grown their hair down to their asses and have CONTROLLED tattooed to their foreheads.

Guy can dream, can't he?

>deconstructor<

Originally posted by mgp
The band needs a US fanclub, I've spoken to Warrel extensively about it, but I don't think he's interested. :confused:

A little disturbed by that comment. We'd create this street team to help promote and get the word out about the band, so they can make more money, so they can do what they ultimately enjoy on a regular basis without stupid label hassels. I am amazed how unknown Nevermore is and I can only point the finger at the labels. So, I'm wondering what he's "not interested" in, since you talked to him extensively. I guess the ultimate thing would for the street team to get some kind of recongnition and thanks from the band for the work we'd put into it, but if the band is "not interested" in the efforts of their street team or organized fan support, then I'm concerned about putting forth the effort.

Do me a favor: elaborate on your comment a bit.

>deconstructor<

Here's an idea...

Someone collect all the suggested names and set up a poll for the viewers/posters here to decide what it should be.

Besides, if I'm going to make a title image, I need a name. :lol:

Originally posted by Poison Godmachine
We are the dog would just be something to go under the real group name. Like the thing you can write under your own name on this message board. I think Electric Religion is a really solid name.... But just my opinion

I like "The Drowning Pool of Tears"

I'll post a poll with all suggestions (as suggested by Vylance; good idea btw)...but first lets get around 8 or so. Right now we have:

Electric Religion

The Drowning Pool of Tears (my personal choice)

We are the Dogs (that was actually a joke I posted before, but hey, if you guys like it who am I to disagree)

Reality Denied (another one I made up)

Flesh Machines

Sanity Assassins

Any others?

L8rs,
DavE

Shit, I got the graphix done for my news show faster than I'd imagined... then again, I haven't created the fucking 10 second long GIFs they want me to yet... bastards.

Anyway, I'll work on something tomorrow after I get my new tattoo(s). I'll create it without a name, if that hasn't been decided yet.

\m/

I would say the most popular so far have been these three (judging by repeat commentary):

The Drowning Pool of Tears
Electric Religion
Sanity Assassins

If you've got time, make one for each. Maybe the look will sway the decision.

I'm less concerned about look than function and content. I've got a degree in English and Humanistic Studies, so I spend a lot of time writing and reading and "creating". This newsletter concept is intriguing to me. If we can hook some new fans, its creation well spent.

>deconstructor<

With those three names in mind, I have a creative image different for each one. For all three to be complete to my specifications, I'm going to need the entire weekend.

Each should have it's own unique look, and by what is in my head, you'll have a hard time deciding which one to use. :)

I do gotta agree with PoisonGodMachine on the "Drowning Pool" name length and closeness to Seven Tongues. I think the street team tag should be shorter, slicker. I also tend to think of another so-called metal band by that title. Not that my opinion really matters that much, but I'm cool with Electric Religion. I don't know if we're gonna get a vote on here anyway. Seems to be a core handful of us chatting about this as it is.

I'd still be interested in seeing the concept art for Sanity Assassins, though. Hell, if Nevermore is in the studio and not even posting news updates, there really isn't a rush to get this thing rolling by tomorrow night, if you know what I mean....I'd say we 'Dogs' have a lot of time to gather the pack.

>deconstructor<

Originally posted by deconstructor
I do gotta agree with PoisonGodMachine on the "Drowning Pool" name length and closeness to Seven Tongues. I think the street team tag should be shorter, slicker. I also tend to think of another so-called metal band by that title. Not that my opinion really matters that much, but I'm cool with Electric Religion. I don't know if we're gonna get a vote on here anyway. Seems to be a core handful of us chatting about this as it is.

I'd still be interested in seeing the concept art for Sanity Assassins, though. Hell, if Nevermore is in the studio and not even posting news updates, there really isn't a rush to get this thing rolling by tomorrow night, if you know what I mean....I'd say we 'Dogs' have a lot of time to gather the pack.

>deconstructor<

Fair enough. I like Sanity Assassins better than the rest, but hey whatever floats everyone's boat. We'll take this slow so that it is done correctly. Until then we can all just bombard Boards around the metal community. I hype Nevermore on the Megadeth boards on a consistent basis. Any Metallica, Iced Earth, Pantera, Slayer, etc. board members here? Also, we should get people in the ultimatemetal forums to visit here and to check out the homepage of Nevermore, etc. I'll start by plugging the Deth boards and most of the boards here.

DavE

Ill be off for week after the weekend so it will give me chance to concentrate on the artwork.

What sort of layout our you thinking about because i was going to resemble my ideas on the old megadeth site design with the menu down the left. What do you think PGM?

Originally posted by Crown
Ill be off for week after the weekend so it will give me chance to concentrate on the artwork.

What sort of layout our you thinking about because i was going to resemble my ideas on the old megadeth site design with the menu down the left. What do you think PGM?

Sounds awesome. I was thinking of a whilpool of clouds and black water whipping around the Nevermore logo OR the name of the forum up in the corner. As for the name, I agree with WalletBoy...

"The Garden of Gray" OWNS

L8rs,
DavE

Yeah, as well as a street team we are getting a fan site which there isnt many of. About the art, i will be making collages and using the computer to make some killer pictures from album covers etc, im no artist but im sure it will be turn out great.

I have photoshop on my side, as i said, this is my contribution and if the contribution is good, ill be proud.

Anyone else who thinks they can do it, dont hesitate, it will make things better for us all if we have alot of people helping out on bits.

At the end of the day too, its PGM who is going to use them on the site if he chooses of course :)