Online Street Team question??

dkepner

prog-metalhead
Mar 18, 2003
USA
www.dougkepner.com
Did anyone else participate in the Online Street Team promotion hosted by netmusicpromotions.com? If so, did you qualify for and select a prize? If so, did you actually receive it?

I signed up back in June to promote Paradise Lost and did a bunch of promotion including putting up posters at about 6 local music stores and using the online banner on various forums.

When I reached 10,000 points, I cashed them in for a signed drum head. After a few months went by with no drum head showing up, I attempted to contact someone about it by using the "contact team leader" link on the site. No one ever replied to my query and I never did receive the drum head.

So, did anyone actually ever receive any of the prizes?

It seems like a poorly run street team when you don't receive what was promised to you and you can't contact anyone about it.:rolleyes:

The street team is run by an outside organization so the band's staff doesn't have any control over it..I'll copy your post into an e-mail to the band's manager, though, & see what I can find out.

Jax, you're easily the most awesome forum administrator around - most other admins wouldn't do 1/2 the stuff you do for people, and I assure you it's much appreciated.

yeah, I joined that and am still ranked 7th overall for points or something, yet they haven't put any new prizes up to claim for ages, despite it saying there'd be more coming...

I'd be interested to know what's going on with that, if its still running etc.

I asked the band's manager about this & he said that this likely just fell between the cracks when SPV took over operations of IOMA late last year (seems that each of them thought the other had it taken care of), so it's good that I brought it to his attention. SPV has a list of all of the names of the people who are owed prizes, & are getting the prizes together now; you can e-mail Alex at SPV (spvalex[at]comcast[dot]net) if you need more info..

spvalex[at]comcast[dot]net
Just curious, why do people write email addys like that? Seems like "spvalex@comcast.net" is quicker/easier/more to the point
shrug2.gif

Spammers harvest addresses from all over the 'net that are typed in the usual way..typing it the way I did makes it harder for them to scoop up automatically.

Too funny I was just thinking of this the other day. I was one of those winners as well. I chose a signed drumhead, and was wondering (and still am) if I am ever going to recieve it.

Yeah I saw your name on the list, Drummah..management is involved now & has started trying to get prizes collected for distribution. You'll get your drum head. :)