You are NOT going to believe this!

just say you are racist and you hate criminals. It should get you off. You can still make it on saturday, courthouses are closed on weekends, But you will miss great sets by Arise and Ruin and A Life Once Lost!!

Call the county/courthouse and let them know that you'll be out of town on a previously scheduled vacation. If you ask to be rescheduled, they may accomodate you.

It doesn't hurt to be polite and kind as opposed to going to jury duty and pulling an obvious cop-out by saying "I'm racist."

Call the county/courthouse and let them know that you'll be out of town on a previously scheduled vacation. If you ask to be rescheduled, they may accomodate you.

It doesn't hurt to be polite and kind as opposed to going to jury duty and pulling an obvious cop-out by saying "I'm racist."

Just heard back from a friend of mine who told me if I can produce proof of a hotel or flight reservation, chances are I can have my duty rescheduled.

fuckin' government!!!!!!

Leave the country then.....
No one is stopping you.
Last I checked, we all have the right to a trial by jury.

Anyhow......................

Last time I got summoned, when they surveyed the Jury pool, I did say I was into metal and that I watched horror movies exclusively. No dice, as I was the only white male in their (at the time) late 20s.

It was a murder trial, and I was sequestered in a VERY seedy hotel, where my room mate was an obese loner who told me how his repeat call girl was going to be mad he was not going to be able to keep their appointment for that night....................

Yeah, let's hope you get out of it!!!!

I talked to the courthouse this morning, and I need to take a written letter to them asking to be excused from jury duty. I am going to do that tomorrow.

Hopefully things work out.

I talked to the courthouse this morning, and I need to take a written letter to them asking to be excused from jury duty. I am going to do that tomorrow.

Hopefully things work out.

FYI - if they won't excuse you completely from jury duty...I'm pretty sure you can just reschedule it. If I'm not mistaken (I did this years ago) I just rescheduled for a different date over the phone.

Edit:

FYI (taken from one of the OH court Websites)

What if I have a conflict or some other reason why I cannot serve on the date I am chosen for?
Ohio law permits summoned jurors to reschedule their jury service date one time within a six-month period. The law also allows you to be excused from jury duty for a very narrow set of reasons:

You are over the age of 76 and do not wish to serve
You are a convicted felon
You no longer live in the Court’s jurisdiction of Centerville, Kettering, Washington Township or Moraine or are under 18
You will incur extreme financial hardship (you must demonstrate an adverse impact on your ability to pay daily living expenses)
You are a member of a cloistered religious organization

Ohio law permits no other exemptions.

Calling was a mistake. You should and could have gone the Summons --> Toilet --> Flush route. Say you never got it, they reschedule you for another time, and then you're obligated to go. Less hassle. Or so I'm told.

I dropped off the letter today. They felt pretty confident that I would be rescheduled for a later date. I have to call them tomorrow to find out.

Calling was a mistake. You should and could have gone the Summons --> Toilet --> Flush route. Say you never got it, they reschedule you for another time, and then you're obligated to go. Less hassle. Or so I'm told.

HA! I see. :heh:

That's it. I'm bringing a sense of humor to give you at Powerfest.

Sorry dude...
I am just sick of the "F*ck the US Government" comments.
Sure, of course its not a perfect system.
Don't even get me started on taxes or the welfare system.

That being said, your post read like a 12 year old kid going to WARPED TOUR wearing an Anarchy t - shirt.

Wahoo! Heard from the court house today, not only was I excused from jury duty next week, but I will not be rescheduled! I was told that my name was coming off the list at the end of this month regardless.

Talk about a win-win!