YOU DOUBTED HIM!!!!

^5 to Tyra, didn't know you wrote that song. Well done!!
How many other songs have you written?
I didn't write "the song" per se, I just wrote the words in an e-mail to my brother - that's all I will to take credit for... The band took the words and, as they say, ran with it. I haven't written any other songs for them, I just wrote that one angry rant. It only becomes a song when words are put in the hands of capable musicians who can put riffs and drums etc to the words, and aproducer who can tie it all together. I'm just a "poet and didn't know it" type of people.:)

And I do know how Sweden was converted. It's my job, litterally, to know these things. Some were converted because they wanted to convert, they found something better than what they had, I guess. Most converted because they were told to by the chieftains and, eventually, kings. That's not to say they had any choice, even if they were not told they'd suffer severe consequences if they didn't. And then some, were told to convert or be tortured like Jarl Haakon, or just to convert or die. However, when I wrote the rant in question, it was aimed at a certain group of people, i.e. those that needed reminding what their people had done to mine, that they had smashed our holy places and raped out culture. That also did happen.

And money at the time of conversion in the Swedish Viking Age is an anacronysm. They did not have such a thing until the first Christian king decided they needed to mint coins in order to align themselves with the Christian kingdoms on the continent. Until then, the silver-by-weight economy had served them well, and it continued to do so for several centuries after conversion in amny areas. I understand the gist, though, but I would say it was greed that brought on converion of the kings, and shit runs downhill, so therefor the little people were converted, too.

No church burning, please. One is supposed to honour one's ancestors, even if they are Christians. Like I said, many didn't have any choice, and many didn't know that there really was anything else. It's difficult to be anything else but Christian when you are told that even thinking about "anything not Christian" will cause you to burn in Hell. I know, I have friends who are Moslems. They're not even allowed to think the thought, and that is not all that different from how it was in many parts of Europe say 500 years ago. But if you are a white person of European descent, Ican honestly say that if it weren't for those witch-burning, temple smashing Christians, you (yes, YOU) would not be here today. So be nice.

End of sermon. ;)

But if you are a white person of European descent, I can honestly say that if it weren't for those witch-burning, temple smashing Christians, you (yes, YOU) would not be here today. So be nice.

End of sermon. ;)

True. I read that some vikings willingly converted to give themselves an excuse to raid, so they could say they were doing God's work of punishing people. Pre-Christian Scandinavians would have likely never left the North and Baltic Seas, because all of the large viking raids on the British Isles, Russia, Ukraine, and even Baghdad were, at least to my knowledge, were done after the rise of Christianity in Northern Europe.

And I definitely would not be here in North America if the Christian Romans didn't influence the Celtiberians to become Christians and eventually have Columbus "discover" the Americas, even though the vikings did so centuries earlier.

Infact, computers would definitely not be here without Christianity.

Infact, computers would definitely not be here without Christianity.

How did you come to that conclusion? The first computer was the Difference Machine invented by Charles Babbage. Its sole use was complex math. Other non electrical computing devices were invented but none of their uses were Christian in nature. The first electic computer was the Nazi Zuse 3 but it was not digital. The first Digital computer was the ENIAC but I don't think it had any Christian use either.

I'm willing to give Christians their due but technology belongs to every religion's arch enemy, Science.

Back on topic. You really did not have anything to do with writing Prediction of Warfare? It just has a Tyra kind of feel to it.

Oh and when I was speaking of money earlier, I meant it as a symbol. I realize the Chieftains were not being paid in cash. But they were being paid to convert. Greed and Vanity, these two sins will destroy any civilization. I just hope we (Americans) don't learn that too late.

It's supposed to be "in kindness' name" as in "in the name of kindness". I meant that to mean that many Christians say they are converting us for our own good, to be kind to us poor heathens, so that we can have a chance at eternal life in heaven. At the time that I wrote that, someone was trying to convert me by bullying my 7 y.o. daughter, telling her that they were only doing it for our own good, but back in the olden days, they used to say "our God is kind, and not fickle and mean like Odin, and not violent like Thor, or into black magic like Freya - come to Him, you are his child and he loves you". And if you didn't, they'd lop your head off, all in the name of love and kindness. Which is not to say that all Christians are horrid people and would do such a treahcerous thing, but damn it, I was mad when I wrote that. What you see is what you get. If they hadn't messed with my kid I wouldn't have messed with them back. As soon as you have something you want to hide, you have a weak spot. That's where I aimed when they tried to hit me in mine (my kid, my kin). That's all.
A large part of that text was just me explaining to them (those who converted) how I feel that they have let me, mine and my gods and goddesses down. They did this. They were the ones who were weak. They choose not to fight back even when they could have. They doubted Odin. They went with a feeble God instead of a virile one, and then they call us stupid?! They chose not to keep their oaths, they turned on their own kin, supposedly to be kind. Kiss my ass.

Well explained and written/said. :worship: