You dream metal festival!

Looking for a Job said:
lol, nice attempt to recant, but no, you weren't being sarcastic originally

oh yes the great all knowing being, tell me what am I thinking right now...

Sorry but unless you claim omnipotence then that was simply moronic, no there is nothing to recant simple because that was sacrasm I posted...

Actually, it was quite apparent he was being sarcastic. Honestly, if you couldn't tell his sneering wasn't sarcastic, especially to such an easily decipherable sarcastic statement, then it looks like you've fallen victim to your own despise-criteria. Tool.

haha...people think metalcore is great live because of the mosh pits. If there is a huge ass pit going on with scenesters doing spin kicks, the band of course "owns live."

metalcore bands are boring to watch so you start pitting instead, admit it. Who wants to watch some college kids with 70s haircuts swinging their SGs? I sure don't, and I think others are in denial if they say they want to.

this blue moon tastes great, and no I'm not drunk.

open to close:

day 1:
skepticism
arcturus
akercocke
enslaved
dissection
darkthrone
emperor

day 2:
mastodon
myrkskog
quo vadis
at the gates
impaled nazarene
morbid angel
the crown

day 3:
anathema
green carnation
katatonia
agalloch
my dying bride
opeth

and then the rapture happens, jesus shows up and does vocals on an all-star rendition of 'Black Metal'.

Still Death said:
Moshing is kind of lame. It's alright, but I don't get my jollies from it.
Also, I don't think that a band "owns live" when people mosh to them. I think bands "own" when they are musically talented.

Nothing against moshing, or people who mosh, they can go for it. It's half entertain when the band is lame.

In summation, music is music, no matter what people are doing when it is being played.

P.S. Form the standpoint of being in a band, I know that people moshing enhances my performance, because it lets me know people at least are halfways enjoying it.

I'll never forget when redneck assholes were moshing to mellow songs during Tool's show in Sioux Falls, SD... I was so fucking pissed. Tool is not a moshing band IMO.

opeth_evan said:
I'll never forget when redneck assholes were moshing to mellow songs during Tool's show in Sioux Falls, SD... I was so fucking pissed. Tool is not a moshing band IMO.

moshing is retarded to begin with. how people can mosh to slow stuff is beyond me. :lol: fake people are awesome.

ThanatoSchizo
Finntroll
Moonspell
Isis
Enslaved
Paradise Lost
Porcupine Tree
Anathema
Katatonia
Opeth
Tool

and then.. i will die happy :)

deliverance said:
hmm i've heard 1 motorhead song and i'd die unhappy tomorrow..but it's not because of the lack of motorhead.

Motorhead puts the entire thrash scene that worships them into context. You should spend some more time with them.

There will be a death metal stage and there will be a special guest doom stage.

Dreadfest 2005

Death metal stage:
Psycroptic, Decapitated, Blood Red Throne, Pyaemia, Obituary, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Vader, Necrophagist, Sinners Bleed, Decrepit Birth, Cryptopsy, Misery Index, Hate, Behemoth, Quo Vadis, Monstrosity, Immolation, Aborted, Vital Remains, Capharnaum, Dying Fetus, Insision, Opeth, Malevolent Creation, Deeds of Flesh, Vile, Gorgasm, Spawn of Possession

Doom Stage:
Evoken, Solitude Aeternus, Candlemass, Shape of Despair, Saturnus, Novembre, Novembers Doom, Swallow the Sun, My Dying Bride, Pantheist...and who ever else I can't think of right now.

Premium mosh passes to Opeth, My Dying Bride, Swallow the Sun, Shape of Despair, and Saturnus so you can let all your energy out to the bludgeoning brutality.

dark tranquillity
children of bodom
opeth
arch enemy
mors principium est
in flames
imperanon
pantera
soul demise
disillusion
kalmah
naglfar

Dark Tranquillity
At The Gates
In Flames (only allowed to play their old music, preferably with another singer)
Opeth
Cannibal Corpse
Opeth
Anorexia Nervosa
Bloodbath
Carcass
The Crown
Dark Funeral
Dimmu Borgir
Darkane
The Haunted (Of course with Peter Dolving as the singer, Marco sucks)
Mastodon
Metallica
Nightrage
Sepultura (only playing the whole Schizofrenia album)
Slayer

Nøt Før Teh Kvlt Ov Heart Fest:

1. Arcturus (w/ Garm)
2. Ulver
3. Borknagar (w/ Vintersorg)
4. Emperor (w/ Faust)
5. Anathema (w/ Vince)
6. Porcupine Tree (Mikael as guest)
7. Vintersorg
8. Opeth (Steven Wilson as guest)
9. Novembre

Death