You guys rocked the Metro!!!

GuitarShredder

The sun sets forever
Oct 18, 2001
Illinois
I just got back from your Chicago show, and to sum up my reaction to you guys, I will say this: :OMG:

Now, previously I wasn't the biggest Daylight Dies fan. I heard you guys were playing so I downloaded a few MP3s, and you guys sounded damn good. But tonight you guys sounded incredible...you reproduced the songs on the album perfectly...except it was 40x heavier...incredible.

The only negative thing was that there really wasn't much of a crowd when you guys came on. Quite a shame.

You guys certainly upstaged Tapping the Vein....and dare I say possibly even Lacuna (it wasn't their best night).

Daylight Dies. Amazing! You guys have the greatest stage presence I've seen in a band. When the drummer spends most of the time head banging you know you have a band that enjoys playing together. And yes, the only disappointment about your set was that hardly anyone had arrived at the venue to enjoy it, most of the people began showing up right after, their loss. And GuitarShredder is dead on, sure a lot of bands are heavier live, but you guys go beyond. Great set.
buttrock.gif

An impressive set indeed. Who'da thunk it? I mean, metal of this caliber...from Greensboro, NC!? But the proof was in the performance. I'd heard bits and pieces of the Daylight Dies material the day before the show, but didn't expect the pounding they dealt out from the stage.

I found it interesting that Jesse was the only drummer of the night who wasn't playing to a fucking click. Hell, the drummer for Tapping the Gothic Lifeforce could have stayed home 'cause his presence behind the kit was completely useless. Maybe he just wanted to see the world, I dunno.

My girlfriend was with me and while she's not really into this type of music even she commented on the intensity, the power and the very apparent fact that the Daylight Dies guys just plain enjoy playing live. And then I think one of the guys in the band ended up buying her beer later...which she ended up giving to me. :)

On the way out I grabbed 'No Reply' and am equally impressed with the album. Now I've got to get that first release.

Oh yeah...as for Tapping the Gothic Lifeforce....I think pretty much *anyone* could have blown them off the stage.

GuitarShredder said:
I just got back from your Chicago show, and to sum up my reaction to you guys, I will say this:

Now, previously I wasn't the biggest Daylight Dies fan. I heard you guys were playing so I downloaded a few MP3s, and you guys sounded damn good. But tonight you guys sounded incredible...you reproduced the songs on the album perfectly...except it was 40x heavier...incredible.

The only negative thing was that there really wasn't much of a crowd when you guys came on. Quite a shame.

You guys certainly upstaged Tapping the Vein....and dare I say possibly even Lacuna (it wasn't their best night).

I just wanted to post a general 'thank you' for everyone sharing their comments and feelings on the shows. We try and rock as hard as possible to do the music justice in a live environment and expend as much energy as went into them live.. some nights were better than others (of course..), but overall we are all very pleased to read your positive words and thoughts on the show. I agree with everyone who said the set was short, but of course that will be the case as long as we are openers. It's not easy to add in an extra song here or there when your dealing with 6, 7 or even 8 minute long songs. Regardless, thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again in the future..

PS -- we're located in Raleigh North Carolina, not Greensboro, as the ever-incorrect All Music Guide would have you believe.. And external location never matters, it's all about whats inside.

GuitarShredder said:
you guys sounded damn good. But tonight you guys sounded incredible...you reproduced the songs on the album perfectly...except it was 40x heavier...incredible.
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh fuckin' yeah! I just can't resist saying again how much they ruled in Utrecht, truly one of the most intense gig experiences I ever had, every time I think back it almost gives me goosebumps again. Everything was perfect that night, the sound (it was MASSIVE!), the performance and just perfect reproduction of the songs. It lasted only for half an hour, but I didn't think I (or: my neck and back) would have survived if it had lasted any longer, fuck, I have hardly ever banged so intensely during a gig...

PLEASE come back to Europe soon.