you guys see this new toontrack product

That's what I thought too. Completely bush league. Not what I'd expect from them. Kinda like when Michael Jordan was all pissy and spiteful when he got into the Hall of Fame.

Are they mad at BFD or something? They mention competitors but don't specify. Any thought who it is in reference to?

Good eyes Beast - didn't catch the typo. I guess it's a fitting close to a sad post.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wipe it clean soon - I am sure others have noticed the tone and content is beneath them.

I think he means Battery. FXpansion's BFD was definitely after ToonTrack.

Drew - I am drawing a blank here. BFD? Or, were they after?

Drumkit From Hell, as I understand it was originally a sample CD. Then BFD1 came out. Then the first Superior came out.

So whilst Toontrack do indeed seem to have been the first to do a large format multi-sampled drumkit. They weren't the first to put it in a convenient and easy to use plugin format.

Now go and checkout the mapping page in Superior 2.0 and Addictive Drums and try to tell me they didn't draw inspiration from BFD2.0 ;)

Not that I'm complaining. I like all these companies. But to try and put yourself above all of them as if you're the original one and everyone else is a copy is slightly misleading.

Peace.

I think he means Battery. FXpansion's BFD was definitely after ToonTrack.

BFD1 came out in 2001 iirc. Superior 1 (aka DFHS) came out in 2002 or 2003.

Drumkit from Hell predates all of them, and was just a sample CD without any kind of instrument.

You are forgetting dfh2 wich was a kontak instrument.

No it wasn't. It used INTAKT... which was released 2003/2004. So either way, I am still right.

No getting around it - Toontrack were not the first to offer a plugin ala BFD, Superior, AD, or EZdrummer....

EDIT: Actually, it could have been Kompakt too. But both were released around the same time.

Well, the funny thing is that the engine is called Intakt, and in DFH2, it says Kompakt :lol:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/995.html
http://static.kvraudio.com/i/b/dfh2.jpg

Yeah!! Madness! :Spin:

Anyway... Metalheads is pretty damn good. When I want to just write some music with our drummer and don't want to faff around with loads of plugins to get him a decent drum-sound, I can just throw MH in there and it's very lightweight and sounds good enough for demos. I dig it.