You will bow to SKELATOR

DoomsdayZach

The Professor was right
Dec 11, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.doomsdaymusic.com
Alright, i figure I'll finally promote my band here a bit more with our latest update... Most here haven't heard of us, but we're an old school true metal band. Not a lot of prog (some passages that might be "proggy"), just some heavy metal. Any Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Manowar fans, it'd be cool if y'all could take a second to check it out.

Skelator said:
The 4th Crusade Begins...

Things have been quiet at Snake Mountain for these past few months as Skelator further plots to take over the Earth, but now it is time for him to unleash his wrath upon the unsuspecting people of this world. The five warriors who fight together as Skelator in the war for chaos and true metal have been joined by a powerful ally. We proudly hail METAL ON METAL records! Together, Skelator and Metal on Metal records will bring you "Time of the Swordrulers" this September, which is a collection of the "Swords" EP and "Gore of War" split along with some extra tracks. This will be released alongside the new album from our Seattle brothers in metal, Fallen Angels.

However, Skelator refuses to show any mercy on the human race. In the near future, we will be announcing how you can get your armor clad hands on the re-recorded "Give Me Metal or Give Me Death". It is currently in the final mixing stages and should be ready to bang some heads and kill some posers by the end of the year.

We would like to once again thank Josh Hanenburg for fighting nobly alongside us in our conquest of Germany as well as some skirmishes in the local area. He was a brave man who fought like a true metal warrior. Furthermore, we’re excited to announce that Johanson Maywire has taken up the Drums of War in this never ending war. Johanson will begin laying siege to many cities around the Pacific Northwest in the coming months, and those battles will be announced soon.

Finally, we would like to sound the horn for all the true metal warriors who wish to fight alongside us as we lay waste to the west coast later this year. Death to false metal, death to the opposition! Give us metal or give us death!

Myspace
I think Jason added different songs about a month or two ago, so check it out. It's old material (way before my time haha) but it still kicks ass.

SKELATOR LIVE AT SWORDBROTHERS IN GERMANY!

I just got a shitton of new pictures from the fest. I'll post them in a bit.

Kill with power

Last edited by a moderator:
Great up & coming band you are in Zach. Way cooler than say ABBA...but not as cool as the metal tribute to ABBA cd. Was Skelator on that? No? Well...maybe you guys will appear on the Culture Club metal tribute. :D

saying my opinion on ur band is somehow being negative, k w/e
Saying it reminded you too much of helstar i took as a "meh" kind of comment, but positive or negative connotation aside, Helstar fucking rules and I'm very happy to hear someone pick out that influence. So cheers! :kickass:
Your band is pretty awesome d00d. Not gonna lie.
You shoulda lied and said we suck :lol: Nah, I appreciate it man.
Great up & coming band you are in Zach. Way cooler than say ABBA...but not as cool as the metal tribute to ABBA cd. Was Skelator on that? No? Well...maybe you guys will appear on the Culture Club metal tribute. :D
We were gonna do that, but some black metal band from bangladesh is doing Karma Chameleon, and i don't know any other culture club...

I think we'd do better with one of Bowie's more upbeat songs. That's actually not a horrible idea if we could find the right one.

I'd rather do Kiss though...
"I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me..."

Fuck yeah :D

The production is pretty rough on the songs on your myspace, but I like what I have heard. You guys manage to catch the old school feel especially well, especially with the vocals and the riffing. I'll keep my eyes open.

Bumping this thread with a new update reposted from our myspace.

Repost from Myspace:

""The time for the elder races was ending soon, for now the balance is thwarted and Chaos rules all fifteen planes of the universe!"

"Time of the Sword Rulers" is about to be released. This CD is a tribute to Skelator's golden era back in San Diego. We have Re-Mixed and Re-Mastered both "Swords" and "Gore of War" and put it on one CD including some unreleased bonus tracks. Check out the new album cover in our Pics page.

Skelator and Fallen Angels will be holding a CD release show on October 24th at King Cobra in Seattle. Both albums are being released simultaneously by Metal on Metal Records. We will be recording both bands for an upcoming split live album.

We are also working on new material for our next album "Death to All Nations". This will be our most epic recording project to date. Right now we have three new songs ready to play live, "For Death and Glory", "Victory (Henry V)" and "Stormbringer & Mournblade". We are very excited about all of this and can't wait to have good demo's up online.

THE WORLD IS OURS TO CONQUER!"

And the album artwork:
l_9ce52c72181db4b70e60e1c2df7125c8.jpg

Ahh, there's no need to bring up a months old argument. We get a lot of "you sound too much like manowar/maiden/priest" and stuff and the answer is always "cool... that's what we're going for". He made the comment that we sound like Helstar, which is fucking awesome. I didn't know he liked helstar, so i assumed it was anohter comment like everyone else in the world gives us haha... i take it as a compliment no matter if people like it or not.

So a belated apology to rms, and thanks duder. I'm excited to get this shit out of the way (though the cover art totally made me stoked, lovin' it) and start working on Death to All Nations more seriously. THAT album will be fun.