You'll Never Guess Who I talked to Last Night..

stevekachinsky

Steel Prophet - Gtr
Mar 25, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.steelprophet.net
Rick Mythiasin! It was the first time we've spoken since about July 2002. We just caught up on what we've been up to in the last three years or so. I think this officially buries the hatchet! ( I don't think the hatchet was very sharp after all this time anyway, but...).
You can read up on his exploits here:

www.mythiasin.com

He has a new band and songs for download there.

stevekachinsky said:
Rick Mythiasin! It was the first time we've spoken since about July 2002. We just caught up on what we've been up to in the last three years or so. I think this officially buries the hatchet! ( I don't think the hatchet was very sharp after all this time anyway, but...).

www.mythiasin.com

Hey Steve, wasn't expecting you to say Rick. Don't know who the heck I was expecting!!!!!! Cool. It's always good to catch up on stuff, with old friends, etc. Glad it was smooth riding, and it's fun to reminiessce (sp?) over the good ol days!!! I had seen he was in a band called Taraxacum and was wondering how it was. I always thought he had awesome vocals. Glad you guys are now staying in touch. Cool of you to put the link in for Mythiasin fans. Rick, if you're reading, good luck! Talk to ya later Steve-o. :worship:

stevekachinsky said:

www.mythiasin.com

Didn't I read an interview with you when he left about you saying that he had a lot of delusions. Like aliens coming to abduct you or some shit like that?

You should have kept him because anyone who thinks shit like that is pretty damn Metal if you ask me!

Way to go Steve, I'm glad you and Rick call a truce ;) Must be ugly to work for so long with someone and then come to a time of a bad split. My view is try as much as possible to part ways in good terms with people.

Now between us, I've heard his solo material and I didn't like it. I think he was doing better with Taraxacum than alone.

Firehead said:
Didn't I read an interview with you when he left about you saying that he had a lot of delusions. Like aliens coming to abduct you or some shit like that?

You should have kept him because anyone who thinks shit like that is pretty damn Metal if you ask me!
Nah, aliens can't abduct their own leader, Steve's already an alien, anyone with eyes as dark as night, isn't from our earthly plane.

But seriously, I think I recall the article you are talking about! Certainly makes for some interesting lyrics/music I would imagine!!!! ;)

Wyvern said:
Way to go Steve, I'm glad you and Rick call a truce ;) Must be ugly to work for so long with someone and then come to a time of a bad split. My view is try as much as possible to part ways in good terms with people.

Now between us, I've heard his solo material and I didn't like it. I think he was doing better with Taraxacum than alone.
Yeh, always good to leave behind good kharma if possible!!! :D

Firehead said:

That's funny, he didn't think they were coming for me, actually he thought they were talking to him, but he was on heavy drugs at the time (but let's not get into a discussion of 'what is reality'?). For the record I did interviews many years before we split where I spoke about the alien thing, which you can also read about in songs like "We Are Not Alone" and "07/04/47".

Wyvern said:

Hey Wyvern,
I think a truce was already in place (or a cease fire?). Anyway, it's cool to know we can talk again whenever we'd like and there is no bad blood lingering from the split.

SugarNspice said:
Nah, aliens can't abduct their own leader, Steve's already an alien, anyone with eyes as dark as night, isn't from our earthly plane.

But seriously, I think I recall the article you are talking about! Certainly makes for some interesting lyrics/music I would imagine!!!! ;)

When you say Alien Suze, do you mean from another country? Hey btw, I saw Mr. and Mrs. Vera a couple nights ago and Tracy said to pass on greetings to you!

stevekachinsky said:
When you say Alien Suze, do you mean from another country? Hey btw, I saw Mr. and Mrs. Vera a couple nights ago and Tracy said to pass on greetings to you!
You know exactly what I am talking about mr day glo green at night with the third eye, and extra foot! Oh cool, I'll have to email Trace. We chatted not too long ago. You should record at Joey's place... Did you guys have dinner or was it strictly biz? If you see the lovely couple again, tell them I said hi. I wanted to hook up for JP and Queensryche with them, but they aren't coming this way with them. Trace will be down for the Oz I believe though. It's cool you get to see them, wish I could say the same for them!!! baww hawww hawww......(((later Steve-o))) :wave:

That's awesome to hear... and thanks for sharing this with us. A lot of people will speculate about this person or that person "being in the wrong" but most of the time outsiders will judge even thought they do not know of all details that went on. At any rate I am glad to hear that you guys have talked... it speaks well for both of you :)

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Wyvern,
I think a truce was already in place (or a cease fire?). Anyway, it's cool to know we can talk again whenever we'd like and there is no bad blood lingering from the split.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cool indeed

*hope someday I can do the same with a couple out there*