Nightwish - Once
After Forever - After Forever
Within Temptation - Heart Of Everything
Dio - Last In Line
Pantera - Power Metal
Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys
Warrel Dane - Praises To The War Machine
..and anything from March Hare (Splat88's band)!!

In no order....

TOP 20.

Itzhak Perlman - Paganini 24 Caprices
Behemoth- Demigod
Ensiferum-Iron
Disturbed- Indestructible
Sevendust- Animosity
Evanescence-Fallen
Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys part 2
Into Eternity- Buried in Oblivion
Julian Bream- Baroque Guitar
Killswitch Engage- it's a tie between Alive or Just Breathing and The End of Heartache
King Diamond- Abigail 2
Lacuna Coil- Comalies
Pantera- Vulgar Display of Power
Paramore- Riot
Symphony X- The Odyssey
Stratovarius- Episode
System of a Down - Toxicity
Theocracy- Mirror of Souls.
Van Halen- Van Halen
Bach- Nigel North Lute Suites.

That was terribly hard and I left a lot of what I like out, but these are my most played albums, and they all have some sort of meaning to me which is why I chose them....

Ehheheh,
http://www.last.fm/user/Torniojaws/charts?rangetype=overall&subtype=artists

134017 plays since 22 Jan 2005 o_O

Oh, I didn't know Last.FM had an overall album list too. It paints a bit different picture:

http://www.last.fm/user/Torniojaws/charts?subtype=albums

I don't know how that is calculated though, ie. how it takes into account songs skipped, or played twice, or shuffle playing, etc.

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Wes Montgomery + Wynton Kelly Trio - Smokin' at the Half Note
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire
Fugazi - The Argument
Dream Theater - Awake
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
Yes - Fragile
Rush - * (counting as one album because I can, motherfuckers!)
Cynic - Focus
Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Death - Symbolic
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
Devin Townsend Band - Terria
Strapping Young Lad - City
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Testament - The Gathering
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Death - Symbolic
Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina

Jeff

I'm probably just gonna have to choose a favorite from each genre I like and try to keep it down to 20 :p And for the infamous quote of 'in no particular order....'

1. Special Reserve - Gaelic Storm
2. Dark Passion Play - Nightwish
3. Scenes from a Memory - Dream Theater (that or Side 1 of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence)
4. The Monster Who Ate Jesus - Blaster the Rocketman
5. Living the Tradition - Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps
6. Southern Soldier - 2nd South Carolina String Band
7. Jesus Freak - DC Talk
8. Suitcase Full of Blues - The Blues Brothers
10. Dead to the World - Officer Negative
11. Stereotype Be - Kevin Max
12. The Hammering Process - Living Sacrifice (Yeah Aaron! You know it dude!)
13. Mistletoe & Wine - Mediaeval Baebes
14. Spit on a Stranger - Nickel Creek
15. Phantom of the Opera - Andrew Lloyd Webber (In Italian, mind you)
16. Book of Secrets - Lorena McKennitt
17. Don't Get Bored - Smiley Kids
18. sONIC pRAISE - Sonic Flood
19. Soundtrack - Swing Kids
20. Hold on Love - Azure Ray

Opeth - Still Life

Then, in a faint distance in no particular order:
Dan Swanö - Moontower
Dark Suns - Existence
Testament - The Gathering
Death - Symbolic
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

And last but not least, an old, gobbled up cassette tape of Marek & Vacek doing mindblowing piano covers of classic pop songs and classical pieces... which I got when I was like 4 years old... that one pretty much started music for me and everytime I dig it out and put it on, my brain explodes. :D

Damn, some good ones on here (and some...unexpected ones as well ;)) - Aaron, good call on Accelerated Evolution, it's definitely my favorite Dev album out of the ones I have (Ocean Machine, Synchestra, Ziltoid), mostly cuz it's the least "weird." Aramism, yeah, I'm a metalhead through and through - it doesn't mean I don't like other stuff, but NOTHING moves me like metal. Mark, awesome list dude (especially Journey, something tells me you and I are gonna be the only ones with them on our lists :lol: ). And Wyllie, I really dig Katatonia, but I don't like (or know) their whole discography well enough for them to make the list.

And Ermin and Fifth Horseman - FUCK YEAH on Moontower, god I love that CD. Everyone, check out www.myspace.com/danswano, and listen to Uncreation, easily one of my favorite songs of all time (though synth-haters need not bother ;))

Damn, some good ones on here (and some...unexpected ones as well ;)) - Aaron, good call on Accelerated Evolution, it's definitely my favorite Dev album out of the ones I have (Ocean Machine, Synchestra, Ziltoid), mostly cuz it's the least "weird." Aramism, yeah, I'm a metalhead through and through - it doesn't mean I don't like other stuff, but NOTHING moves me like metal. Mark, awesome list dude (especially Journey, something tells me you and I are gonna be the only ones with them on our lists :lol: ). And Wyllie, I really dig Katatonia, but I don't like (or know) their whole discography well enough for them to make the list.

And Ermin and Fifth Horseman - FUCK YEAH on Moontower, god I love that CD. Everyone, check out www.myspace.com/danswano, and listen to Uncreation, easily one of my favorite songs of all time (though synth-haters need not bother ;))

Ahhh ok man , its just i saw you talking about them(katatonia) alot. Dude honestly i got into them quite late but thier my favourite band now...Just check out tonights decision and last fair deal gone down...also thier eps are ALL killer. Duno if you've ever heard unfurl, but THAT is truely aural ecstasy :p

Just about to go check out the dan swano link :headbang:
BTW how do you pronounce his name?
-Wyllie

Ok I'll play along.

(In no order)

"Operation Mindcrime" Queensryche
"Blackwater Park" Opeth
"Powerslave" Iron Maiden
"V - The New Mythology Suite" Symphony X
"Sound Of White Noise" Anthrax
"Master Of Puppets" Metallica
"Misplaced Childhood" Marillion
"A Sceptics Universe" Spirial Architect
"Voodoo Highway" Badlands
"The Chemical Wedding" Bruce Dickinson
"Awake" Dream Theater
"A Pleasant Shade of Grey" Fates Warning (Heck anything they've done in the last 15 years knocks me out)
"Near Life Experience" Mayadome
"Mellissa" Mercyful Fate
"Mandylion" The Gathering
"The Human Equation" Ayreon
"Transcendental" To-Mera
"Passion Fire and Grace" DiMeola, DeLuca and McLaughlin

Damn, 20 might be a bit hard for me. There are so many classics that I'm out of touch with, or haven't listened to in a while.

Jeff Buckley - "Grace"
Jimi Hendrix - "Are you Experienced?"
Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland"
Opeth - "Damnation"
Opeth - "Blackwater Park"
Opeth - "Still Life"
Led Zeppelin - "II"
UFO - Live album, forget what it's called!
Plankton - "Humble Colossus"
Plankton - "3"

Plankton are AWESOME 60's-70's strat/marshall instrumental goodness from Sweden.

Evergrey - "The Inner Circle"
Necrophagist - "Epitaph"
Cynic - "Focus"
Life of Agony - "River Runs Red"
Life of Agony - "Ugly"
Death - "Human"
Behemoth - "Demigod"

Man there must be a shitload more, but I'm at work and can't think right now...haha.

-Joe

Forgot:

Allman Bros. Band - "Live at the Fillmore"
Humble Pie - "Rockin' the Fillmore"
NJ Bloodline - "Be Afraid"

Also, slowly becoming a favorite:

Derek Trucks Band - "Songlines"

Ah shit, how could I forget Porcupine Tree!?

"In Absentia"
"Fear of a Blank Planet"

Also, Steven Wilson's "Insurgentes" is slowly creeping up to a favorite. What a fantastic album.

-Joe

Wow..am I the only one, who mentioned "seventh son of a seventh son" ? This is the royal shit for me!!! :)

Yeah, Seventh Son is definitely my favorite Maiden album (followed closely by Somewhere in Time), but I had to ditch it on my list to make room for "Symmetric in Design" :D

Ahhh ok man , its just i saw you talking about them(katatonia) alot. Dude honestly i got into them quite late but thier my favourite band now...Just check out tonights decision and last fair deal gone down...also thier eps are ALL killer. Duno if you've ever heard unfurl, but THAT is truely aural ecstasy :p

Just about to go check out the dan swano link :headbang:
BTW how do you pronounce his name?
-Wyllie

Yeah, I have "Tonight's Decision" (which really didn't impress me when I tried a couple of times to listen to it, haven't tried since) "Last Fair Deal" (good), "Viva Emptiness" (better) and "TGCD" (best). I'll check out their EP's, though I heard Brave Murder Day and was NOT diggin' it (too raw for my tastes). And I'm no Swede, so I can't be certain on the pronunciation of "Swano" (and there's supposed to be an accent on one of the vowels, but I can't do that easily on my keyboard ;)), but I always just said "Svahnoh"

Yeah, I have "Tonight's Decision" (which really didn't impress me when I tried a couple of times to listen to it, haven't tried since) "Last Fair Deal" (good), "Viva Emptiness" (better) and "TGCD" (best). I'll check out their EP's, though I heard Brave Murder Day and was NOT diggin' it (too raw for my tastes). And I'm no Swede, so I can't be certain on the pronunciation of "Swano" (and there's supposed to be an accent on one of the vowels, but I can't do that easily on my keyboard ;)), but I always just said "Svahnoh"

To a dumb Yank like me:

whooper-swan.jpg

LET-O.jpg

I know I'm very wrong...:)

-Joe

Hahahahahaha, well don't worry dude, that's not too different from me - I just say the "w" like a Kraut would :heh:

Am I the only cat here that doesn't really dig Opeth too much?
I mean it's great in small doses, but it seems almost everyone here has an Opeth album in their list.

Dude...Akerfeldt = Jesus :heh: Though I must admit I think they've gotten EXPONENTIALLY better with time (hence why GR is my fav), though I'm sure I'm somewhat unique in that view