Your CD Holy Grail?

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
What album (or albums) are at the top of your want lists? I'm mainly talking about old albums you may have had as a kid and would now like to find on cd.

Thanks to my eBay friend that I help out I've found allot of the holy grails I've been looking for, but there still are a couple on my list.

Keel - Lay Down The Law (I think it's a Jap only cd issue)

Keel - The Final Frontier

Keel - Keel

Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare

There are others but those are the top 4 I'd like to find (and are affordable!).

I just found a copy of my biggest long running Holy Grail last month. It was Mind Over Four - s/t. It was only issued on cd on a small german label, took me forever to find a copy on eBay!

Stormwind - "Straight Form The Heart"
Angel Dust - "Into The Dark Past" (a guy wanted $220 on e-Bay:loco: )
H-Bomb - "Coup De Metal"
Steel Prophet - "Continuum"

Wyvern said:
Angel Dust - "Into The Dark Past" (a guy wanted $220 on e-Bay:loco: )

Holy crap!!! Was there an "official" release of that on CD? I have it on disc but I'm sure it's one of those "un-official" releases if you know what I mean, kinda like the first 4 Pantera CD's.

Not all of the following is old school metal but...

Bolt Thrower - Mercenary
Candiria - The Process of Self-Development
Death - Spiritual Healing
Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Entombed - Clandestine
God Forbid - Determination

*salivates*

hey greeno-i said about that first xentrix album-shattered existence.i said i'd make you a copy but i've only got it on vinyl.if you can find one,let me know and i'll pay you handsomely for it!i was sure i had it on cd,but can only find my vinyl.its a must have.

baldyboy said:
hey greeno-i said about that first xentrix album-shattered existence.i said i'd make you a copy but i've only got it on vinyl.if you can find one,let me know and i'll pay you handsomely for it!i was sure i had it on cd,but can only find my vinyl.its a must have.

It is most definitely on my "want list". I'll be keeping an eye out for it when at my ebay pals place. If he has it on disc you'll get one. Was just reading an old metal fanzine form 1990 that had a review of the album in it, they very much liked it also.

Greeno said:
Holy crap!!! Was there an "official" release of that on CD? I have it on disc but I'm sure it's one of those "un-official" releases if you know what I mean, kinda like the first 4 Pantera CD's.
According to the guy it is form the original CD pressing, he shows pics and everything, but for $220 I can get like 16 CDs, so :err:

Well, Greeno, I think you outdid the "desert island" thread! This is probably my favorite thread ever as it brings a lot of good memories and wants and wishes to mind. Here are a few of mine...and if your ebay buddy has these I may just get to bidding...but I haven't seen 'em in a while...

STARFLEET PROJECT - Features Brian May and Eddie Van Halen on guitar. A "jam" album. This one I would do anything short of prostitution for! haha I have one of the tracks on cdr which I burned off Napster when it was "legal" (free) But would love to get the whole cd one day...

MOTLEY CRUE - Helter Skelter - I had this picture disc on vinyl back in the day but who knows what the parents did with it...I would love to find it on vinyl again BUT I have heard that it's on cd now as well. Any info on this, Greeno?

VAN HALEN - The Gene Simmons Demos - This one shouldn't be too hard but I can't find it even on ebay...not THAT rare but it's my list, dammit!

WICKED LESTER - Same as above. Would love to find a legit copy! Or even a real good cdr

Finally, help me out here, Greeno...

HEAR N' AID - The heavy metal "we are the world"...."We Are Stars", was the key track, but the whole album would be pretty damn cool.

there are many more, but these are on my BUY NOW EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO SELL PLASMA list if I see them anywhere.

Vain - No Respect.
Keel - Keel
Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz (original release)

Got the 2 Keel ones on vinyl but not CD and I can't find an original of No Respect in Australia. And the only release of Leather Boyz I can find is the new remaster with the wanted poster cover. I want the original with the purple lightning cover.

tedvanfrehley, I saw the Hear N Aid album on vinyl for about $10 in great condition a couple of months ago but had no money on me and when I went back it was gone. I wish I bought it. I have the 12" single of the Stars track but the album would've been cool.

Thanks to my eBay friend that I help out I've found allot of the holy grails I've been looking for, but there still are a couple on my list.

Keel - Lay Down The Law (I think it's a Jap only cd issue)

Keel - Keel

Oh God Greeno !! I normally an a "to each his own" person and don't like to rag people about their tastes, but Ron Keel is absolutely horrible. I sing better than he does and I flat out can't sing (lead.) He gives me a headache.

Bryant

I have to go with TVF's "Hear-n-aid as well. Great release. Another one would be a compilation called: Masters of Metal Volume 1 I don't normally care for compilations, but this one rocks. Here is the track listing:

1.Black Sabbath - Trashed 2. Y&T - Mean Streak 3. Dokken - Breaking The Chains 4.Zebra - Who's Behind The Door 5. Dio - Rainbow In The Dark 6. Helix - Don't Get Mad Get Even 7. Kiss - Lick It Up 8. Motley Crue - Looks That Kill 9. Rainbow - Street Of Dreams 10. Rush - Tom Sawyer 11. Krokus - Screaming In The Night 12. Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll 13 - Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Bryant

Bryant...I used to have that MASTERS OF METAL on album as a kid!! That's the only way I've ever found that Sabbath song, TRASHED! haha I think I got it at Kmart one day when I was like 12 and my mom let me pick something out. It was on vinyl. If that's NOT it then this was a very similar comp. I remember a lot of the songs being on it that you mentioned. It was by "K-Tel" records! haha