Your Dream guitar

plfffffft

Madly in anger with you
Apr 2, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Just wanna know what everybody's "Holy Grail" is. That guitar you want so bad you'd kill for. Whether it's a model that's way out of your price range, or it doesn't exist, and you're going to have to build it yourself or wait to become a player well-known enough to have you're own signature model.

Me, personally, I have two. One I'm going to build myself, the other I might get custom made.

The one I"m going to build is going to be a slight variation of a Flying V, made completetly of Rosewood with a natural finish(I saw a picture of an all Rosewood Telecaster that George Harrison had, and it's fuckin beautiful.). That'll probably be heavy(in weight, if not sound) as fuck, but it'll probably sound gorgeous. I'll probably put gold hardware on it, and I'm not too sure about what kind of bridge or inlays I'll put in it. This is going to be expensive as hell, but it'll be worth it.

As for my other dream guitar, you have to understand that James Hetfield is my fucking idol. His playing style, the power he commands on stage, and everything about him is what I want to be, musically. So obviously, my other dream is a custom ESP Explorer(and actual Explorer, not the EX model they make now), black finish, with the Black Diamond Plate front, and probably the headstock that's on Hetfield's "Ken Lawrence" Explorer. So basically this guitar:
jh2-01.jpg
with this headstock:
kenlaw0.jpg

So what's everyone elses?

I got my dream guitar for Christmas! My wife surprised me with a Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus. Flamed maple desert burst top and gold hardware. The thing is incredible and was my dream!

517346.jpg

(mine's black on the sides and back, unlike the picture)

It's hard for me to even dream of anything else, but I guess my only other dream would be a Tony Iommi Signature Gibson SG with the cross inlays. I already have a SG, but I can't think of anything else I would want!

517109.jpg

I'm not a Les Paul fan. I don't know why, I just never liked the feel and/or sound of them. The only one I might consider buying would be the Zaxx Wylde signature, just because of the awesome paint job.

But that SG does look sweet.

I'm not a guitarrist, I know a few chords only, but of course I know which one I wanna get. (you don't have to be a guitarrist to hear which guitar sounds good, right?)
I'm not a fan of Les Paul either...

I guess it'd be what any, say Children Of Bodom fan would want. A Jackson RR, any. :)

My dream guitar would be a Jackson Custom Shop Warrior, just like in the picture below, but with these mods:

Warrior Reverse Headstock one hum
Tune-o-matic bridge - string thru body
black hardware
zig-zag abalone inlays including 24th fret
EMG 85 slanted
26 frets extended slanted ebony fretboard
volume-kill switch
oiled birdseye neck
OLD Pile 'O Skulls with matching headstock and painted pickup
Jackson logo in abalone.

WarriorPilemod.jpg

When it comes to guitars, I worry over every little detail. I have yet to find a guitar that is perfect because of this, so my dream guitar would have to be custom made.

Factory guitars I would like to own include:

Gibson Explorer
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Dean V
Jackson RR-1
Jackson King V
(one bad thing: Jackson generally places the controls just wrong)
BC Rich Warlock - neckthrough w. Widow headstock

'bane

I would love to own a signature Zakk Wylde Les Paul. Not one of the cheap Epiphone versions either. $3500 is a bit much for a guitar for me. I would hang it on my wall and just bask in all its glory.

my ideas of my dream-guitar vary every now and then ;)
at the moment it would probably look like this:

RR-bodyshaping
24 frets
ebony fretboard
EMG 81 pickup (no neck-PU)
Floyd Rose Trem
active booster system (well, actually I'm not so shure if I would need one of these...)
painting: satin-black with grey tribal-grafics (pretty much like the BC Rich Kerry King Signature series)
BC Rich Fastback Neck (I just love the neck of my Warlock, so...)

oh yes, and a Neckthru or "made of one piece" construction

ESP F shape
24 extra jumbo frets
thin-u neck
caparison type headstock
ebony fretboard
sharkfin inlays
emg 81 and emg 85 pickups and sustainer pickup in the middle
2 volume knobs and active boost system
schaller floyd rose, extra recessed space ala steve vai.
trans black finish
black hardware
mahogany body
set-neck
maple neck

I love Jackson guitars. They allready made my dream guitar:
CJDKMG-BLK_front.jpg

the DKMG

maybe it could be neck trough body and the EMG 85 pickups.

It has the EMG HZ. But anyway

And this one: [IMG]http://www.jacksonguitars.co... with two EMG 85 pickups it would be perfect.

WHOA!!! Hold the horses! Damn... any idea on the street price for that Zon? :eek: :yow: *faints*

And does each string have a Hipshot Dtuner??!?!?!?