"Your DREAM-LINEUP for Prog-Cruise" Nightmare At Sea"

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Oka It is time to find out who YOU, the fans would pay to see on the "NIGHTMARE AT SEA" prog-cruise. But there are some rules.

1. List 3 bands per night.
2. Bands will only be able to play on 3 nights of the cruise.
3. Bands must not get Sea Sick.

With that said, i will post my dream line-up.

Day One

SYMPHONY X
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
TURISAS

Day Two

OPETH
FREAK KITCHEN (Wouldn't this be hilarious, IA and the boys on a cruise ship)
ALESTORM

Day Three

PAGAN"S MIND
EPICA
NOCTURNAL RITES

Jman - I dont know how much better it could be then what you have there.

I honestly just sat here for 10 minutes trying to think up something better and its just a little too hard or I am just a little too hungover, probably both.

I would like see Epica swapped out since I am not a huge fan. I would to see Evergrey stuck in there somewhere. I will think more about this.

Ian, I hope you are right with god, because you are going to have a visit with him in about 3 weeks...

You're coming to San Antonio??? God have mercy on us all. Just kidding Brent, can't wait to see you.

Also let's add these NIGHTMARE bands

CHAOSWAVE
ANDROMEDA
VOTUM (all though not directly a Nightmare band)
DIVISION BY ZERO
MEMORIA

I think any Pope joke is funny, I pretty much cough up a lung laughing when a joke involves clergymen. I wanna start a band call Ecclesiastic Tendencies (guess who they will sound like?).

Edit: I almost forgot to mention my picks. Everything JMan suggested, except swap Epica -> Andromeda, and, Venturia -> Nocturnal Rites.

Nine bands for the three nights…

OVERKILL (GOTTA GET SOME THRASH IN THERE SOMEWHERE)
SYMPHONY X
EVERGREY
ARMORED SAINT
JON OLIVAS PAIN
CHRIS CAFFERY
CIRCLE II CIRCLE
GAIA EPICUS
FALCONER

Anyone but Overkill, please. Amazing band on cd, one of my favorite thrash bands. But live, they were horrible, which crushed me. Get Annihilator, Kreator, Testament (I know Lance likes them), etc...

Love all those bands, especially Testament..

But Overkill bad live???? Must have been a very rare off night...

Every time I have seen them, they have absolutely crushed…the best live band I have ever seen!

Love all those bands, especially Testament..

But Overkill bad live???? Must have been a very rare off night...

Every time I have seen them, they have absolutely crushed…the best live band I have ever seen!

I hope so... I was really looking forward to that show, listened to nothing but Overkill for a week before the show. And it wasn't that they were boring, they were just horrible. Bobby walked off stage halfway through the first song, Where It Hurts, which is probably in my top 5 Overkill songs. He walked back on after several verses/choruses had passed and was zipping up his pants and such. My guess is that he was sick, but it wasn't just his performance, it was the band as a whole. They just didn't seem like they were into it at all, and it showed. I'd love to give them another chance, so I hope they can do it for me the next time I see them.

I hope so... I was really looking forward to that show, listened to nothing but Overkill for a week before the show. And it wasn't that they were boring, they were just horrible. Bobby walked off stage halfway through the first song, Where It Hurts, which is probably in my top 5 Overkill songs. He walked back on after several verses/choruses had passed and was zipping up his pants and such. My guess is that he was sick, but it wasn't just his performance, it was the band as a whole. They just didn't seem like they were into it at all, and it showed. I'd love to give them another chance, so I hope they can do it for me the next time I see them.

Yeah, must have been....When he is on, he is with out a doubt the best front man out there (no offence to anyone else...):lol:

Yeah, must have been....When he is on, he is with out a doubt :lol:the best front man out there (no offence to anyone else...):lol:

Yea, I have heard their live show was legendary, the live albums I have from them are killer, so not sure what happened. In terms of frontmen and who is the best out there, I would have to give that to Andy B Franck from Brainstorm/Symphorce and Bruce Dickinson.

Yea, I have heard their live show was legendary, the live albums I have from them are killer, so not sure what happened. In terms of frontmen and who is the best out there, I would have to give that to Andy B Franck from Brainstorm/Symphorce and Bruce Dickinson.

Also should be mentioned..

Biff Byford, UDO Dirkscnieder, Chuck Billy