Your Dream Song Covered by Kalmah!!

Megadeth's Lucretia.
Black Sabbath's Symptom Of The Universe.
Death's Scavenger Of Human Sorrow.
Some of my compositions in GTP.
Kalmah (Antti?), what do you mean by crap? Dragonforce? I agree with you. :D

I think it should be at least something they really like...Of course its fun to think about weird covers from Kalmah, I could put here alot of shits, but seriously I'll go for Breaking the Law - Judas Priest.

Troubadour Sanglant said:
I think it should be at least something they really like...Of course its fun to think about weird covers from Kalmah, I could put here alot of shits, but seriously I'll go for Breaking the Law - Judas Priest.

If Kalmah were to do a cover of a Judas Priest song, I think The Hellion/Electric Eye would seriously kick major arse. However, Breaking the Law would be very sweet too.

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

or a Song from Rage like:
"Sent by the Devil", "Alive but dead", "Baby I'm your Nightmare" ...

If choosing between a average song wirtten by Kalmah or an cover from them like Skin O' My Teeth, I would certainly choose a new song from Kalmah!! I think the best thing in Kalmah is not unique sound or anything like that(like e.g. The Berzerker has :)), but their unique and weird notes(I would call it Swampish!)! In my opinion bands should make covers only if they have something new to give to that particular song. If Kalmah makes covers of good songs, they probably just make them worse or quite the same as they originally were, if not covering some unmusic like 50 cent(I've never heard them/him, but I can guess it's shit as I've heard it's rap :)).

My vote is covering something totally different(not metal or then having a lot of ideas to a metal song) or not covering at all. E.g. a cover of ETOS would in my opinion be quite boring to hear, as Antti played in ETOS... Seeing Kalmah live playing ETOS would be a totally different thing!!! :)

flaminfetus said:
Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison (heheh)
Dragonforce - fury of the storm
Slayer - The Antichrist

Kalmah should do the Dreamtheater one, but definetly not the Dimmu song... it really wouldnt sound too much different from the original.

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

or

Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name

Maiden kicks ass, and I love hearing melodeath covers of Maiden.

I think Kalmah should cover any Gorgoroth song, Josh you know what I'm talking about

Altough that sounds like a good idea, but as mentioned before, Kalmah shouldnt cover a song with the same genre (black/death metal). If Kalmah covered a Gorgoroth song, it wouldnt be any much different from the original, (besides the increased ass-kickingness.)

I think any metal song from the 80's should deserve a cover more than any other song. Take Dimmu's cover of "Burn in Hell" as an example. And because Kalmah's melodic sound has so many influences from such classic gods as Iron Maiden and Judas Preist, a cover by one of those bands would probably be best in my books.

didn't Kalmah cover Fear of the dark ???
now don't tell me that was cradle of filth!! I know Kalmah's vocal and i know Dani's vocal .... It's Kalmah

If you want to choose somthin' very very weird then I'd say
Hotel California by the Eagles
lo0l now that's very fuckin' hard even for KalmaH to do!!
not that Kalmah can't play it ... but vocals! that's it

I'd say Hallowed be Thy Name by iron maiden

Freezing winds of north by Catamenia

Nothing else matters by Metallica lo0l now that's hard 2!!!

want more??

Peace out