Kalmah Fan Covers

johnharvey1

Metal Member
Feb 16, 2009
Australia
www.youtube.com
Hey Kalmah fans,

I figured a Kalmah cover thread could be a cool idea as there seems to be
a lot of good covers on youtube that go unrecognized.

Anyway, I've just finished completing this artistic type cover of Like a Slave.
I decided to do this cover after I found a mask that looked the same as the swamplord man featured on the covers of some of Kalmahs albums such as The Black Waltz and For the Revolution. The mask is by no means super serious, I just thought it would be a cool idea for the cover.

I spent some time researching a swampy type background, then with the help of photoshop, I put a collection of Kalmah pics together and worked out the layout and set up of the video. The programs I used to make this video included Photoshop, After Effects and Imovie.

In terms of guitar tabs, I basically just mixed together the tabs I found available, then just worked out the other bits. For the keyboard solo I used a Roland Gr-20 guitar synth.

Please check it out and give us your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice concept. But recording quality sucks! Keep working on this ^^ :)

i completely agree, definitely work on that. or just do an animation ontop of the track and not bother with the guitar. cuz i was much more impressed with your editing than the guitar work with this and most of the bodom ones you did. and i think you tried to post this as a video response to my song on you tube but it never came thru.:headbang:

Bad audio, really, geez I really tried hard to improve it this time, hard to please. If anything, it's just a bit loud, maybe I will make it softer next time.

@Kalmah338
I probably would'nt just make a video with arty effects, I'd rather include my guitar cover as well. But at the moment I don't know if will do another cover in a hurry, for the time and effort it takes to put together, I haven't really recieved enough views or responses to make it feel worth it. Maybe I'II leave it for a while.

im not trying to tear you down or anything. just take it as constructive criticism. the tone was off for the guitar. too much gain and trebel. now the playing was really good, it just didnt sound good. and that will come when you discover better tone. now i am completely blown away in your editing skills. now maybe do a collaboration or something and hit up barrymetallon and have him do the guitar cover and you do the editing. but thats just an idea.

This is much better than any of Kalmah's official videos in terms of post-production (although, the glowing edges neon effect was awful). Keep up the good work.

I am currently working on a cover of Bullets Are Blind. The solo will be improvised because I am not very good to learn a solo by ear :rofl: This should be ready next week.

Ok, I finally finished my Heritance of Berija cover.

I did this video using After Effects, Photoshop, and Imovie.
This time I went for the full out artistic type cover, collaborating everything about Kalmah. I've alway's liked Kalmah's album art and music, so bringing together the two was great.

In terms of guitar, I mixed a bunch of tabs to learn this song, as they not all seemed right, but I'm sure I got the majority of the parts correct.

Anyway, I hope you like it, please tell me what you think,
thanks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xf-Ck-v8Uc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xf-Ck-v8Uc[/ame]

Here is my cover of Bullets Are Blind, sorry for the bad quality but it's not too bad so enjoy everyone :)

Sorry for the weird sound levels, I'm terrible at mixing and such...

Anyways, here is my vocal cover for "Heroes To Us"

Intro scream was bad because I forgot to warm up, so hope you excuse...thanks, haha :p

EDIT: Gonna re-do the cover because it was bad..hopefully the new version is a bit better.

2ND EDIT: Re-uploaded, let me know what you think!