Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Fighting, 1 against 10000, like Final Fight

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Music games, such as Guitar Freaks

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
image023.jpg

Tepito Market ^

Mexico City appears to be the hub of the Santa Muerte cult, with ten shrines. These include one shrine at 12 Alfarería Street (between Mineros Street and Panaderos Street), a shrine at the corner of Matamoros and Peralvillo Streets, another at Villa de Guadalupe in the Plaza del Peregrino, a fourth at 16 Canarias Street, another shrine at 352 Retrograbados Street in Colonia 20 de Noviembre, and a sixth at the Parrish of the Suffering and Sanctuary of Santa Muerte at 35 Bravo Street, Colonia Morelos. There are reportedly at least four shrines at other locations in the city and 120 altars where her figure is venerated.

Within Mexico City itself, these shrines are concentrated within one particular neighborhood: Tepito. Tepito is not just any neighborhood, however. Also known as Tepis, Tepiscoloya, and Tepistock, Tepito is without doubt the most infamous barrio in Mexico. Its tough reputation dates back to pre-Hispanic times. The neighborhood market is the black market – knockoff goods, drugs, and weapons are sold openly on the street. The police are seen as unable to control the crime.Indeed, it is in the poverty and desperation that her cult seems to thrive.Thus, the very heart of the cult is a place associated with poverty, crime, and defiance.

Santa Muerte is not limited to Tepito, however. There are at least 35 different locations in Mexico where Santa Muerte is venerated and where her skeletal figure is paraded. There are also twelve locations where Santa Muerte pilgrimages take place.[70] Increasingly, the cult is appearing along the border, where it seems to have reached almost every town.[71] Such a spread, from the heart of Mexico City to various border communities, conveniently coincides with the routes of illegal immigration and drug trafficking.

Tepito is a barrio located in Mexico City. It is a popular flea market (tianguis, in Spanish) among locals. However, it is best known for being home to many of Mexico City's most dangerous gangs and criminals. When visiting, one should be aware, however it is not recommended.

The prices in this market are indeed very cheap. A large portion of the merchandise sold on this place is illegal in one way or many. The products available range from movies (both pirated and legitimate), videogames (pirated and legitimate), clothing, and electronic devices such as cameras and DVD players. Among the locals, Tepito is known to have its good share of crackers, being able to modify almost any device or program. One semi-famous case was one of the Tepito sellers getting ahold of an Xbox 360 months before the official release.

^That's how i got mine before the release date :lol:

PS. That's enough good Profanity ? :p

KLoWN|TePeS said:
Hmm it seems I may have to alter some of my favourite games soon, with the releases/future releases of

WWE Smackdown 4: Shut Your Mouth!,
Tenchu 3: Wrath Of Heaven, and
Pro Evolution Soccer 2, the mighty sequel of PES :eek: :eek: :eek:

These are all going to be great games by the looks of things... especially PES2 finally people are going to realise that FIFA games have worn thin, and pretty graphics, nice celebrations, and excellent commentary isn't going to cover up the crap game play and over-the-top skills

i was only 12 when this was posted but i was already more gr1m then this fag...

RiderOfJustice said:
Warblade ur no longer 1337. Gonzo and i declare you out of the 1337 squad.

:zombie:

okay.. your a fucking fag and u look more metro then me...

by the way.. how many dicks did you have to suck to become the mod of MY forum

I want to see some evidence of that.

ps - Stockport should be further down the list, they got the population wrong. The real population of Stockport is over 280,000.

ncrime23big.gif

Exactly. Mine is full of hard men, gangs of yobs who have large scale fights using petrol bombs, rival drug gangs having gun fights, people opening fire in pubs and been greeted themselves by gun fire.