Your Favorite album?

I'm not sure... either Ocean Machine or Accelerated Evolution. Both have so many great songs but hearing the Accelerated Evolution tracks on Safe Zone just blow me away.

I have Terria, I ordered it from The End Records, but have only listened to it a few times. Earth Day is the only track that has jumped out so far.

I see, well i just got into Devin about a week ago, i bought Terria but i haven't heard much of the albums you named, but Devin is a fucking god when it comes to songwriting

The Bringer said:
I'm not sure... either Ocean Machine or Accelerated Evolution. Both have so many great songs but hearing the Accelerated Evolution tracks on Safe Zone just blow me away.
yeah that's so true. Deadhead and Away are so awesome. and then he's also playing the Deep Peace solo, and I'm in heaven ;)

my favourite album is either Ocean Machine or Synchestra. Ocean Machine holds a special place because it was my first Devy album and I really love it. But Synchestra is so overwhelming and absolutely flawless. Then again, AE contains some of my favourite songs ever, Deadhead and Away.
ok if I had to pick only one: Synchestra !

I dont like synchestra that much. ive been into dev for a long time now, so i consider myself a "seasoned" listener...

i still think that Infinity is his best album as far as sheer songwriting brilliance goes. physicist is also the most underrated album he has ever made. people write it off as some syl clone, which is clearly isnt. if you listen to physicist from start to finish in one sitting it is very rewarding.

of course, ocean machine, terrea, etc.. are all fantastic, too.

... It's impossible to choose! :erk: Infinity is the only one I couldn't really get into. Everything else is simply brilliant!

Devy_Metal said:
I dont like synchestra that much. ive been into dev for a long time now, so i consider myself a "seasoned" listener...
Yeah, me too, since Biomech :) at first I didn't like Synchestra at all! but once I "understood" the songs the album suddenly made sense as a whole. I think it has the same epic feel as Biomech...it's like a journey. I remember Devy saying that the album's climax is when the riffs start in "A Simple Lullaby" and I think that's true. Really gives me shivers ;)

Devy_Metal said:
i still think that Infinity is his best album as far as sheer songwriting brilliance goes. physicist is also the most underrated album he has ever made. people write it off as some syl clone, which is clearly isnt. if you listen to physicist from start to finish in one sitting it is very rewarding.
yeah, I also feel that Infinity does have a quality that the other albums don't have....hard to describe....it's more "arty", I'd say. it has that genius feel. but to me it's not that listenable like, say, Synchestra or Biomech or Terria or AE or.... ;)