Your favorite concept album

a concept album means it's all linked by a story or idea, right? seems like everyone's just posting their favorite album; i didn't know a lot of these would qualify. :confused:

Originally posted by Lina
a concept album means it's all linked by a story or idea, right? seems like everyone's just posting their favorite album; i didn't know a lot of these would qualify. :confused:

There are a lot of albums I love that I know are
concept albums, but I don't like them for the concept....
I didn't know "Still Life" was a concept album for a really
long time, suddenly I started reading about Opeth and
discovered what it really was about.

I heard Evergrey's album and really liked it, then I read it
was a conceptalbum and I started paying attention to
the lyrics. Now I feel I can relate to some of the things
there, but I put different things into them than being
abducted by aliens... :eek:)

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn

Yeah, that's right. Which ones don't you think qualify? (I'm not familiar with a good few of them, so...)
well, i'm not familiar with many of them either, but i was surprised by amorphis' tales and evergrey's. those are two i've listened to many times and never paid attention to the lyrics, i guess.

Cradle of Filth- 'Cruelty and the Beast'.

Definitely my favourite concept album (that currently springs to mind).

My Arms, Your Hearse was really the first concept album that ever really hit me as truly outstanding. Maybe it's because it was the first time I heard music so dark as Opeth's, but it stands out from the rest for me.

"It was me, peering through the looking-glass.
Beyond the embrace of Christ."

Originally posted by Lina
well, i'm not familiar with many of them either, but i was surprised by amorphis' tales and evergrey's. those are two i've listened to many times and never paid attention to the lyrics, i guess.

"Tales..." is based on different Finnish traditional stories, but I don't really know if that actually counts as a concept album. guess it doesn't.

Mine are:
Enslaved - Monumension
and
Opeth - Still Live

"Tales..." is based on different Finnish traditional stories, but I don't really know if that actually counts as a concept album. guess it doesn't.
the same goes for Dying Fetus' Destroy the Opposition: all the lyrics are about political themes, but that doesn't make it a concept album. It is (or was) just their style of lyrics (at least on their last few albums)