your favorite cover art?

Opeth - BWP
Obituary - The End Complete
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the sick
Entombed - Clandestine
Katatonia - Last Fair
Cathedral - The Carnival Bizarre

I like album covers that can give you some sort of idea as to what music you can expect.

I know an album cover is cool when i can stare at it through the whole length of the CD.

Mine are:

NeverMore's Dead Heart In A Dead World
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare
Zero Hour - The Towers Of Avarice

Yep the Travis dude rules!!

O and a classic Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny

Originally posted by discouraged1
Sorry, don't have the scanner to send it through e-mail, but you can see Anathema's Fine Day cover on www.digitalmetal.com or something like that, where it's reviewed.....

Yeah, saw just now... Too pop for me ..., but maybe I'll change my mind after listening? And what I found funny: the name of band is written by "normal" letters. If Suffocation or Cannibal Corpse would choose the way of melody and light sound their names, written by normal letters would look funny too, haha!
"- Look, what I bought for your birthday, darling!.."
"- Wha.. ah, it's CD of Cannibal Corpse "I will love you forever"!!! Ah, honey, you are so cute!"
from 1298364856 part of SANTA BARBARA

One of my favorite old covers was Fates Warning "Awaken the Guardian". When I got that record (the cover was the reason I BOUGHT the record!) and I'd just stare at it... I wanted to move there!

Yeah, I got a few favorites, myself.

Black Sabbath, Sabotage. Where they are all standing in front of the mirror. Also Paranoid, with that guy playing, what, Rollerball or something?
Iron Maiden. Number of the Beast
Opeth. Morningrise
Pink Floyd. Wish you were Here is possibly my favorite cover.

Also I really like all the booklets in the Radiohead CDs.
And last, Britney Spears CDs, no one mentioned them.

Blind Guardian's "Nightfall In Middle Earth" is really cool, but then all of their album covers are really cool. The Demons And Wizards cover too, and most of the Iced Earth covers. Most of the Iron Maiden covers are killer too. Don't Break The Oath by Mercyful Fate is damn cool too. Manowar had a few really cool ones...Kings Of Metal, The Triumph Of Steel (god that album rips!) and Louder Than Hell. Scream Bloody Gore by Death was really cool too. But for sickness, you can't beat Cannibal Corpse's Tomb Of The Mutilated, or Carcass's Reek Of Putrefaction. Slaughter Of The Soul by At The Gates, and The Haunted: The Haunted Made Me Do It, are kinda cool too...they obviously like their guns! Also noteworthy are Annihilator's Refresh The Demon and Megadeths Peace Sells...But Who's Buying and Rust In Peace. Gamma Ray have had some damn good covers too...and some bad ones...and Stratovarius's Visions is really really cool. That'll do for now...