your favorite cover art?

Lord belial cd enter moonlight gate has an amazing cover...now im just goin to have to see if the music is just as good....

OPETH - Blackwater park
NEVERMORE - Dreaming Neon Black

Ha ha ha ha.
How great is the cover of 'Killing is my buisiness - Megadeth'? ha ha ha. It's fuckin' funny. (awesome cd tho)

Opeth- Morningrise Of course, this is just pure beauty, I would love to visit whatever this is!!! :eek:

Ulver- Bergtatt this cd has not only a really nice painting on the front but the booklet has some wonderful photos as well.

Summoning- Stronghold Awesome Castle painting on the cover! Also some nice Forest paintings on the inside.

Limbonic Art- All of their albums have awesome covers. I believe it is Morfeus from the band that does the covers, as well as some other artwork for other bands, great stuff.

Fatal Embrace- Shadow Souls Garden Wonderful!!!!

Tartaros- The Grand Psychotic Castle Cool Castle Painting

Cradle Of Filth- Dusk and Her Embrace I especailly like the photos inside the booklet of the Graveyards and other areas, nice tint of green there.

Genesis- Wind and Wuthering Seems like it set a base for many metal album covers..... :)

NILE - Black Seeds Of Vengeance (DAMN nice cover!)
OPETH - Blackwater Park
ICED EARTH - Horror Show
SLAYER - God Hates Us All
SLAYER - Seasons In The Abyss
CRYPTOPSY - None So Vile
ANCIENT RITES - Dim Carcosa
LACUNA COIL - Unleashed Memories
DEICIDE - Once Upon The Cross
MORBID ANGEL - Covenant
NEVERMORE - Dead Heart In A Dead World

+ alot of others!!

Originally posted by Anthony
Cover and whole inlay of RADIOHEAD "AMNESIAC" are great and mesmerising. Just listen to "Pyramid song" and look at the inlay, such a depression and imminence of bad things coming!!

I agree with you! Radiohead is an another depressive band like katatonia (hmm music is very different but....)
Portishead is perfect too!

"Nobody loves meeeee!"

All of the Opeth albums have great covers, I like Blackwater Park the most but Still life follows closely, also Deicide´s Once upon the cross is pretty cool.

Slayer: Hell Awaits
Man, that cover was truly shocking back in the day.
Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast
Tool: Lateralus

Autopsy - Mental Funeral is a cover that really gave me nightmares once I recovered from the shock (I was like 12 years old) my only dream was to have that goddamn t-shirt but it never reached Chilean shores

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time (How much details it has?)

Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance (if you think that Wes Benscoter best artwork was Slayer' Live Intrusion you better check this out)

Savatage - Dead Winter Dead (Sin Palabras, I don't know how to say that in english maybe: no comment)

Nuclear Assault - Handle with Care (Just three words over the image of the Planet Earth and all of us inmediately understand the meaning of the cover, great art)

Pungent Stench - Been Caught Buttering (that t-shirt I had, once was black but cares now right?)

Iced Earth - Something Wicked this Way Comes (No comment)

Fear Factory - Demanufacture (Barcode on the spine, good idea also)

Finally the best:
Mercyful Fate - Don't break the oath

You don't need to put 12 demons fighting to freeze someone veins just one coming out of the Flames (In LP size of course) and you got it.

Hey,
I've just got A Fine Day on original CD and the innersleeve is amazing!
Travis Smith's finest in my opinion.
It just brings music to another dimension(sic) and helped me a lot to understand Anathema's little change a bit more.

To me, A Fine Day to Exit is the cover art of 2001.

Favourite cover art must be Derrek Riggs work.
Especially Iron Maiden covers.