Your Favorite Death Metal Vocalists

1. Mike Akerfeldt
2. Christian Alvestam
3. Peter Tagtgren

Those are my top 3. I think Mike's best performance was on the Unblessing the Purity EP.

1. Trevor Strnad (The Black Dahlia Murder
2. Phil Bozeman (Whitechapel)
3. Randy Blythe (Lamb of God)
4. Dani Filth (Cradle of Filth)
5. Sakis Tolis (Rotting Christ)
6. Anders Fridén (In Flames (first 3 in flames albums)

IMO one thing that makes you a good death metal vocalist is sounding unique in which every one of these dudes manages to do well

Seeing some dudes who are......... on the fringes of dm vocals :)

Dani Filth, Suffolk's biggest name :tickled:

+1 to Sauron and Steve Tucker

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Glen Benton
2. Glen Benton
3. Glen Benton
4. Glen Benton
5. Glen Benton
6. Chris Barnes (on Cannibal Corpse´s "The Bleeding")
7. Johann Hegg
8. Chuck Schuldiner
9. David Vincent (Covenant)
10. The "Slice The Cake" singer :D

The last one I was really impressed of was the "Betraying the Martyrs" guy! pretty cool on all the styles he uses, also produced really cool.

I think my favs are probably Christian Älvestam, Johann Hegg (to some extend, he's not THAT versatile imo) and definitely Niilo Sevänen (Insomnium).

The last one I was really impressed of was the "Betraying the Martyrs" guy! pretty cool on all the styles he uses, also produced really cool.

41787_214277156210_9019_n.jpg

^I didn't mean the guy behind the keyboard

Only thing that bugs me about is that I can't make out if there's also a spot were it's not doubled or even more tracks

Dude sounds like every other vocalist doing that style of multitracked throaty, but low dm vocals to me.
It's not that hard to find dudes that can get the right tone, but it's rare to find someone that can do it with power and character.

ah ok....the only other deathcore band I know is Whitechapel, and I'm not huge on that genre in general so what you say may very well be the case

Yeah man I guess they are the equivalent of that nu-metal Linkin Park/Emo style of singing...

There just isn't any personality in it, compared to someone like Lord Worm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you mean, but non the less I dig how it sounds on the BTM stuff ;)

Overall I prefer a different style though, as maybe recognizeable on the guys I posted

In no particular order:
Peter tagtgren
Christian alvestrem
Randy Blythe
CHUCK BILLY <- how has he not been mention??
Michael akerfeldt
Tomas lindberg

Glad someone else said it, I didn't want to be the death metal nazi :)
Same thing with Randy Blythe, although he's definitely closer than Chuck.

I know, you know how some people can be about banding around the whole elitist thing though... especially when it comes to dm