your favorite Testament song

I find it best to do top 2 songs per album, then top 5 songs, then rate those top 3 songs. Here goes:

ROUND 1

The Legacy
- First Strike Is Deadly
- Over The Wall

The New Order
- The New Order
- Disciples of the Watch

Practice What You Preach
- Practice What You Preach
- Time Is Coming

Souls Of Black
This is a hard one. This album has so many good songs that are better than in other albums. So screw it, I'm listing all the good songs!
- Face in the Sky
- Falling Fast
- Souls of Black
- Malpractice
- Seven Days of May

The Ritual
- Electric Crown
- The Sermon

Low
Another album with too may good songs. So fuck it! Here's the good ones:
- Low
- Legions in Hiding
- Hail Mary
- Dog Faced Gods

Demonic
- Demonic Refusal
- New eyes of Old

The Gathering
- DNR
- Down for Life

ROUND 2

Ok top 5 songs (this is so difficult)... here goes:

- First Strike is Deadly
- Malpractice
- Seven Days of May
- Hail Mary
- Dog Faced Gods

FINAL ROUND!!

Top 3 songs in order!

3. Seven Days of May
The toss up between Malpractice and Seven Days of May. Malpractice is an awesome, awesome song, but meanders a bit. Also, Malpractice doesn't have that great of a closer. Seven is consistently awesome and has a great closer to the song!

2. Dog Faced Gods
Come on. This song has to be on the top 3. The crazy riffage and chuck going all over the place with his vocals...

1. First Strike is Deadly
The crazy drums and the solo at 2:40 is so beautiful and memorable, how could you not rate this the top one? And the breakdown at 3:00 where chuck screams... WTF! Shivers down the spine. That's what. #1 baby.

I probably have to go with "Nobody's Fault" from The New Order. "Greenhouse Effect" from Practice What You Preach is a very close second though. :headbang:

~Brian~

You know that Nobody's Fault is an Aerosmith cover? But I understand what you mean, it's a killer song.
My favourite (favourites) would be The Preacher, Alone In The Dark, Over The Wall or The New Order. Hard to pin down just one song as your favourite.

Return to Serenity. I was in the front row when they played with the original lineup for Tuska 2005 and was kinda disappointed when they didn't play it. But it was an outside show in sunshine after all.

OK have to do this by band line up ... lol

Original line up
Disciples Of The Watch

w/ James Murphy
Dog Faces Gods

After Murphy / with Murphy
(The Gathering, James didn't do much on this album so its more strictly an Eric Solo album with Chuck on Vox, even though to me Eric is Testament)
DNR

Cant wait for the new stuff !!!

I'm surprised no ones said Apocalyptic City yet. Its a brilliant song, its got a bit of everything.

I too have too many favourites to name but one.... Hmm.... Possibly Disciples Of The Watch though, the main riff in that gets me (headbanging) every time.