And it will wait for you at home"

Ok, so it's a couple lines....

probably:

"It was a year ago today,
I put a desperate man to death.
He was the man I used to be,
He trusted every word you said."

from "a meeting place and time"
all the lyrics are great, it's just that this part is so emotional :)

probably:

"It was a year ago today,
I put a desperate man to death.
He was the man I used to be,
He trusted every word you said."

from "a meeting place and time"
all the lyrics are great, it's just that this part is so emotional :)

I couldn't agree more. The third line was an unexpected twist to the second the first time I heard it. (If that sounds like rambling at first, read it again. It does make sense! :))

This is really hard. Basically any line from "The Will to Give" could be my favorite. But I really do like this whole verse:

"Those shadows still remain as landmarks of failed attempts. In their shade, I work away at building a tower of character. One day it will be revealed and it will stand for many years. Casting a shadow of its own and striking fear in hearts--as will I."

I also like the line from the Northern Cold that goes something like:

"My heart was my compass, and it was broken."

Good stuff.

Dragged Across the Forest Floor has my favourite lyrics (Shedding is close), my favourite part from Dragged being

"These woods are but a forest of metaphors, and nothing more
A path through the woods of my past, where I was dragged across the forest floor"

David is an insane lyric writer but this line's allways stuck out for me.

"It is a talent of the soul
To discover the joys in pain
Thinking of moments you long for
Knowing you’ll never have them again"

From "The Ghost's Of Summer's Past".

This is a line from my review I did for Woods 2 way back in the day, pretty much describes my feelings on Woods's lyrics:

"The lyrics are the star of this show, the most profound I’ve heard in some time and there isn’t a line on this record that doesn’t stir the mind. As well as being so thought provoking they paint a picture, and touch on experiences everyone of us has had, allowing a rich tapestry of images to flow through your mind as you listen. "

The lyrics are what really appealed to me at the beginning. A lot of black and folk metal bands totally neglect the lyrical aspects of the music, instead focusing on atmospherics. But not Woods. They're able to establish the haunting atmosphere while also having some of the most introspective lyrics I've ever heard. I love just reading them.

"The sea of immeasurable looooooooooooooss...sea of immeasurable loss"
the clean vocal one, that part to the end of the song is bliss.

edit: woops i picked a favourite vocal instead of lyric

"the most profound I’ve heard in some time and there isn’t a line on this record that doesn’t stir the mind. As well as being so thought provoking they paint a picture, and touch on experiences everyone of us has had, allowing a rich tapestry of images to flow through your mind as you listen. "

Well said, man. Well said.