your favotire Non metal\heard rock artists

Tangerine Dream is definatly my all time favorite. Their albums Phaedra, Rubycon, Ricochet, Stratosfear, and Encore really opened up my mind to something completely different. Its something that you have to listen to when you're really relaxed, but its like no other. I even got my girlfriend to start listening to them and bought her "Ricochet." for Valentine's Day. ;)
Mahavishnu Orchestra is another I really like. They're jazz fusion, with a double bass drummer and fantastic guitar, keyboard, and violin solos. Chris Poland, ex-Megadeth, said that their album "Birds of Fire" is like speed metal before there was speed metal.
Lots of jazz fusion is cool, like Weather Report and Return to Forever, and so is classical. You'd be surprised how many little similarities there are between these types of music and metal!

Mmmhhh... First of all, Queen. Then the Beatles, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Lorena McKennit... I also like musicals and some opera, but I could go on forever. Btw, you should also check Freak Kitchen. They're, by far, the funniest band I've ever seen live (one day after OL in London 8P)

Tangerine Dream is definatly my all time favorite. Their albums Phaedra, Rubycon, Ricochet, Stratosfear, and Encore really opened up my mind to something completely different. Its something that you have to listen to when you're really relaxed, but its like no other.

I've got their first 5 albums on lp. Should really give them a spin soon, it's been too long since I last listened to them.

I was trying to do that, but no one was following...

I like classical too. I saw some operas like Wagner´s "Die Walküren", Strauss´s "Elektra", Mozart´s "Die Zauberflöte" and Puccini´s "Madame Butterfly". I think I saw a couple more, but they just don´t come to my mind right now.

I also like some stuff like ZZ Top, Billy Idol, Dave Matthews Band. Oh, and I just remembered about Dixie Chicks. They have some awesome stuff.

So, let´s do it! Let´s revive old posts for the new people!