• Total voters

breaklose

Spoof Member
Apr 14, 2004
paris, france
www.breaklose.com
niband2.jpg

Strangelight said:
imagine if Nevermind hadnt been overplayed and overhyped? I can still listen to side 2 though
that's the reason why i don't bother to listen to it that much these days. Still i think it's their best album when you leave out the fact that it most songs were/are overplayed.

'in utero' is much better than 'nevermind' i think. the production (everything on nevermind is compressed as fuck, this record doesnt breathe), the melodies, the lyrics, 'in utero' is grand. 'bleach' is a winner as well!

breaklose said:
'in utero' is much better than 'nevermind' i think. the production (everything on nevermind is compressed as fuck, this record doesnt breathe), the melodies, the lyrics, 'in utero' is grand. 'bleach' is a winner as well!
Nothing can contest Nevermind though for cultural impact. I cant think of a more important album of modern times, except maybe Blind Guardians last one

ah i was talking solely about music really. 10 years later i find myself listening to 'in utero' a lot more than 'nevermind', partly because 'nevermind' was overplayed but mainly because i like 'in utero' better. but its just sad how 'nevermind' had the opposite cutural impact it was supposed to have :erk: people are shit really.

I voted for Nevermind because Yoza once said that on one of the tracks, the bass guitar and drums reminded him of a crab walking from side to side in time to the music. I gave it a listen and he was dead right. So I've voted for Nevermind because I think theyre really clever for being able to capture a crab walking from side to side with a bass guitar and drums. I couldnt do that. Genius.